83 Hurst -- Preparation for embarking on T Top project questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

adhingra

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 28, 2019
Nashua, NH
Hi everyone! I have a recently acquired 83 HO with T's that need some attention. Here's a quick 3 min video intro I put together:

Essentially, the pass and driver's side front corners are definitely in need of rust repair, needs new gaskets, and new steels. Questions:

1. Any recommendations on kits/vendors who have the best kit available? I'm fairly certain I don't need the center section.
2. Somewhat related -- what other squeaks / rattles do T Top cars induce? I have a nasty one coming from (I think??) the back seat.

Any other tips / advice on getting started with this ambitious project def appreciated!!

Reactions: 1 user

88AZSS

Master Mechanic
Mar 13, 2018
Mesa, AZ
Im looking to do a similar restore of the T Tops on my Monte in the next few months as well. Im looking at a rubber kit through Mikes Montes that includes the rubbers for the T Top. Dixie Restoration also has the metal plates as well. Id say the remainder rust areas you have would just need to be filled in with sheet metal and cut to size. Others that have done this will chime in as well, just my $0.02 from minimal research.

Nice looking car though, solid pick up. I look forward to seeing what you do with it.

I'm pretty sure Mike's can get you anything you need, if he doesn't have it on his site, just ask him.

adhingra

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 28, 2019
Nashua, NH
i have all the seals that i bought for mine before i knew my car was from cars and concepts and the trunk brace kit for the same reason as cars and concepts installed the gnx brace in the back basically.
Sweet ride! I'll have to double check for what bracing was installed in my car. I discovered the super loud, irritating squeak -- the decklid bumper stops!

adhingra

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 28, 2019
Nashua, NH
Hi everyone! I have a recently acquired 83 HO with T's that need some attention. Here's a quick 3 min video intro I put together:

Essentially, the pass and driver's side front corners are definitely in need of rust repair, needs new gaskets, and new steels. Questions:

1. Any recommendations on kits/vendors who have the best kit available? I'm fairly certain I don't need the center section.
2. Somewhat related -- what other squeaks / rattles do T Top cars induce? I have a nasty one coming from (I think??) the back seat.

Any other tips / advice on getting started with this ambitious project def appreciated!!
Update -- the biggest squeak was from the decklid bumper stops. Super easy fix!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor