83 malibu wagon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Miller

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 11, 2018
Newby here. We just bought my son his first car. He is pretty psyched about it to! We are in SE Alabama

Attachments

• 20180311_165321.jpg
    20180311_165321.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 185
Reactions: 5 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Welcome!

See you already found the FB group as well.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome aboard Michael!
Looks like a nice wagon. Could you tell us a little about it...and maybe post a few more pics?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Michael Miller

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 11, 2018
Welcome aboard Michael!
Looks like a nice wagon. Could you tell us a little about it...and maybe post a few more pics?
I will grab a few more pics tomorrow. Got home before dark and it was raining .
Anyway it's been lowered on springs and spindles. Basic 350 with edelbrock performer intake and edelbrock carb. Dual exh. Body is in great shape, interior is pretty nice also.
It's my son's and he is 15. (Although I am jealous lol).
Has a few small issues I have to figure out. No dash lights, gas gauge stuck on 1/4. Turn signal switch won't turn to right. Tach and oil pressure not working. So I will be bugging you guys in the forum's. Lol

socalfive

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 9, 2013
Tucson, AZ
Nice, another Wag! As for the gas gauge, I'm looking forward to hearing of one that DOES work right. :)

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I will grab a few more pics tomorrow. Got home before dark and it was raining .
Anyway it's been lowered on springs and spindles. Basic 350 with edelbrock performer intake and edelbrock carb. Dual exh. Body is in great shape, interior is pretty nice also.
It's my son's and he is 15. (Although I am jealous lol).
Has a few small issues I have to figure out. No dash lights, gas gauge stuck on 1/4. Turn signal switch won't turn to right. Tach and oil pressure not working. So I will be bugging you guys in the forum's. Lol
Sounds really nice. We're looking forward to seeing more pics of it. Now, with your son being 15 yrs old, I assume he's not quite old enough to drive. I know down here the driving age is 16. I guess if 16 is the driving age where you live he's getting ready for his 16th birthday.
What a cool first car. It's nice to see that he's enthused about it. Most kids his age are into Hondas, Suburus, etc.
We'll try to help you with the issues.

You also mentioned VW's. What kind of VW's do you have? Are they the aircooled variety?

Michael Miller

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 11, 2018
Sounds really nice. We're looking forward to seeing more pics of it. Now, with your son being 15 yrs old, I assume he's not quite old enough to drive. I know down here the driving age is 16. I guess if 16 is the driving age where you live he's getting ready for his 16th birthday.
What a cool first car. It's nice to see that he's enthused about it. Most kids his age are into Hondas, Suburus, etc.
We'll try to help you with the issues.

You also mentioned VW's. What kind of VW's do you have? Are they the aircooled variety?
Yeah it will actually be next January when he turns 16. So plenty of time t9 get used to it. And yes aircooked be, my daughter wanted a bug for her first car. So my son has hung out at car shows a lot. He likes Honda's also lol. But he fell in love when he saw this. Plus he's a musician and wanted to be able to easily carry guutar and bass amps and gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor