83 olds cutlass 307 picking out carburator

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
you said you wanted to eliminate the smog stuff. You can not use another carburator that does not work with a computer. You need to change the distributor as well.
DUI makes a good non-CCC HEI that will work well for your SBO.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
I have the quadrajet from a 79 Olds 403, these are used to swap out the CCC ones since they have the correct throttle linkage to hook up the TV cable, $125 if interested

Reactions: 2 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
The only aftermarket carb worth buying for a stock 307 is a Street Demon 625 cfm. But it would need leaned out, out of box. That 79 403 carb will be near perfect for a stock or mild 307. If it needs a major overhaul, Everyday Performance is top notch and affordable.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

breeaad

Greasemonkey
Jun 4, 2009
Hendersonville Tennessee
I have the quadrajet from a 79 Olds 403, these are used to swap out the CCC ones since they have the correct throttle linkage to hook up the TV cable, $125 if interested

What smog systems are you wanting to get rid of that requires you to ditch the CCC system? Its a reliable system, and you won't gain any power by ditching it. You can get rid of the air pump without removing CCC.

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
I'm surprised no one has asked Johnnyboy where he lives. which state do you live in JB? you might still need the AIR-pump, depending on your states emission testing requirements.

as for a new carb, I'm not familiar with Everyday Performance but I do know about Mountain Man Carbs. talk about a beautiful carb! clean enough to eat off of!

https://gbodyforum.com/threads/purchasing-quadrajet.56161/
https://gbodyforum.com/threads/quadrajet-rebuild-questions.57607/

images

carb-jpg.44429

Michael Watts

Master Mechanic
Dec 12, 2017
Use a 1979 or earlier Q jet . Or a Holley or an other aftermarket carb. Around 600 CFM. would work. Then have it tuned to your engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor