'83 Regal V6 to Truck Chevy 350

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlabamaHit

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 24, 2017
I have learned so much from this forums. This is my first engine swap. Heck it is my first time taking out a motor, rebuilding a motor lol.
My question is about the mounts. My motor and transmission came out of a '70s C10 (Motor is was in 72 and 76 so one of those years)

I have bought new motor mounts which seem right:
Anchor Part number 2292 (clamshell)

Issue is the other side the part that bolts to the motor. Maybe called the engine mount bracket? The motor did come with those. But came out of a truck. Does that matter? Or do those have to be changed?
Thank you for all the help you can provde.

EDIT:
Just wanted to add this question. If there is anything else that must be changed becaue I'm using a truck motor in swap. Please let me know. I'm not sure what has to be changed out.

Last edited:

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
Youll need the motor side mounts to work with the newer car frame mounts. You'll also need a Chevy trans. Relocate the fuel line. And of course some exhaust mods

Reactions: 1 user

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
And whether it was a 72 or 76 c10 will make a huge dif as those two trucks used completely dif mounts

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
The truck trans won't work with your driveshaft as trucks used long tail th350s

AlabamaHit

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 24, 2017
The mounts on it is the Cup and clamshell so I can only assume it was '76. I bought the motor and transmission already out so Ill never really know.

AlabamaHit

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 24, 2017
Here is picture of distributor and the Bracket that was on the motor side.

Attachments

• f.jpg
    f.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 173
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 148

454GrandPrix

Master Mechanic
Jul 27, 2016
Lehi, Utah
I recently removed a Buick 231 V6 from my '80 GP and replaced it with a 454 out of a 1999 Chevy Express van. Those Anchor mounts you bought (for the cross member) should be perfect; they look just like what I bought (though a different brand) for my car. On the engine side, I used the stock clamshells that were used in the van. You can probably use the same thing, depending on where the mounting holes are in your block. Here is a photo of the clamshell attached to my block:

EngAug9a_zpsz5gohdia.jpg

I also used the 4L80E transmission out of the van. It also bolted right in after I installed a G-Force crossmember made specifically for that application. (Pro tip: cut the 'ears' off the bellhousing before you install the trans into your car!)

BTW: it will probably be easier to swap motor mounts on the crossmember if you do it with the front suspension at full droop. I did it with the engine-less car sitting on its tires, and access to a few of the motor mount nuts (inside the cross member) was extremely tricky.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

AlabamaHit

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 24, 2017
I recently removed a Buick 231 V6 from my '80 GP and replaced it with a 454 out of a 1999 Chevy Express van. Those Anchor mounts you bought (for the cross member) should be perfect; they look just like what I bought (though a different brand) for my car. On the engine side, I used the stock clamshells that were used in the van. You can probably use the same thing, depending on where the mounting holes are in your block. Here is a photo of the clamshell attached to my block:

EngAug9a_zpsz5gohdia.jpg

I also used the 4L80E transmission out of the van. It also bolted right in after I installed a G-Force crossmember made specifically for that application. (Pro tip: cut the 'ears' off the bellhousing before you install the trans into your car!)

BTW: it will probably be easier to swap motor mounts on the crossmember if you do it with the front suspension at full droop. I did it with the engine-less car sitting on its tires, and access to a few of the motor mount nuts (inside the cross member) was extremely tricky.

Looks the same. Ill take a picture and post it holding it against the motor. I think my worries is mostly that being a truck that the bracket might "measure" different. I think i read they are taller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor