83 SS bench to bucket and column to console questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

6spdg37s

Master Mechanic
Oct 21, 2016
been searching on here a few days trying to gather what info I could before I made a thread about it and I cant figure out couple things (i feel stupid because I can build an engine but dumb stuff like this I have to ask about )

Right now I have full bench and column shifter... (the column hits the headers and is notchy evne though i modified the bar)
plus I want to get a manual reverse valve body trans which will essentially not work with a column shifter...

Would like to get matching blue 82-84 buckets and console but seems like they are very expensive.

Regardless if you buy any seat do they come with the brackets mounted to the seat or no? how do you go about getting the brackets (the car side brackets I found online already)

now lets say I decide to do the console shifter before I get rid of the bench what is the best option with that I found LOKAR i believe who makes long rod shifters that look like they might work, or do I go with a regular hurst or b&m style ratchet shifter ?

Will any of these shifters be able to work with the stock console when I do get it ?

Should I just buy those new seats they make that look like somewhat classic style buckets? my interior is the blue/white SS so should I get the white vinyl ones??

oh and random random bonus interior question.... what about the key in buzzer does anyone re-make those ?

85ss/85gn

Master Mechanic
Jan 31, 2007
beaver dam,wi
If you want to keep the stock one. I would find a guy parting out a bucket seat Monte Carlo or el Camino to get all the parts. You would need column,seats,console and floor brackets. All 83 SS come with a bench seat. Where are you located? I could help out with parts if you are in the Midwest.

6spdg37s

Master Mechanic
Oct 21, 2016
If you want to keep the stock one. I would find a guy parting out a bucket seat Monte Carlo or el Camino to get all the parts. You would need column,seats,console and floor brackets. All 83 SS come with a bench seat. Where are you located? I could help out with parts if you are in the Midwest.

I am in New Jersey lol but thank you anyway !

What if you were to purchase a seat like this ? for example : https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sca-80-1300-51l/overview/

would that come with its own rails and its own floor mounts?

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Aftermarket seats typically do not come with any floor brackets but are usually available at an added cost, I have always used a factory bucket bracket or power seat unit and modified them to fit the new seats.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
  • Agree

6spdg37s

Master Mechanic
Oct 21, 2016
^ the floor mounts i seen but more concerned about the seat bracket that attaches to the seat itself !

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan

6spdg37s

Master Mechanic
Oct 21, 2016
If you went with Procar seats you would use their adapters, if you use a different brand then you would use that brands adapters.
These Procar adapters fit Gbody 78'-88' factory style floor mounts
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sca-81182/overview/year/1986/make/buick/model/regal
gotcha... sorry i sound so dumb when it comes to that lolol

whats opinions on the shifter situation ? I just don't want to have to keep buying stuff over and over again lol like regular

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
whats opinions on the shifter situation ? I just don't want to have to keep buying stuff over and over again lol like regular
I would wait until you find some buckets that you like first whether it be the Procars or maybe someone parting out a bucket / console car where you can get everything at once.
What year and make car is this for?

6spdg37s

Master Mechanic
Oct 21, 2016
I would wait until you find some buckets that you like first whether it be the Procars or maybe someone parting out a bucket / console car where you can get everything at once.
What year and make car is this for?
83 monte SS

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor