'83 turbo 4.8 Monte

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobbelstone

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 31, 2021
Tahlequah, OK

Not sure if these links work correctly but these are the control arms I've been looking at and the mount kit for the 9". So other than the spring mounts that should get it mounted in the car?

wingnutks

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2016
I was going to go with the south side swap kit with the truss if I went the 8.8 route. Sounds like I should just do the 9" and be done with it. But as far as the parallel 4 link. Is there just not enough room without pretty much back halfing the car? I'm a welder and fitter by trade so that's not a problem, but if it can't be done without extensive redesigning of the whole rear I'll stick with the stock setup and get a chromoly panhard bar kit.
And is there any adjustable rear control arm kit that's better or some to stay away from?
Would go out and look at the car but I'm off on a job, and plan on buying all the stuff while I'm here working so when I get back I can start getting it pieced together and get my glide in. Gonna do both in one swoop instead of having it down twice and having two drive shafts made lol
To go parallel 4 link you would need to change the frame crossmember on the car.

Also why do you want a panhard bar? Unless you mean anti sway bar? I like trz for just about everything. Go with an under the axle sway bar if u ever want tail pipes.

Cobbelstone

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 31, 2021
Tahlequah, OK
To go parallel 4 link you would need to change the frame crossmember on the car.

Also why do you want a panhard bar? Unless you mean anti sway bar? I like trz for just about everything. Go with an under the axle sway bar if u ever want tail pipes.
I guess I'm meaning anti-sway bar. I'll check out the TRZ bar. And it's fender exit exhaust so no worries on space for exhaust pipe in the back

Reactions: 1 user

Cobbelstone

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 31, 2021
Tahlequah, OK
Been a while since I've updated the thread. Currently finishing up the 8.8 swap in the car. I used southsides kit and jegs frame notch kit. Waiting on brake parts and trying to figure out what master cylinder I need to use or just get a different proportioning valve.

Figured it was time to swap rears because it was so long legged with the 2.29 stock rear. I'd shift out of first near 90 mph. Hair turned grey from waiting on the turbo to spool from a dig

Attachments

• Snapchat-1177222778.jpg
    Snapchat-1177222778.jpg
    871.5 KB · Views: 77
  • Snapchat-1354885459.jpg
    Snapchat-1354885459.jpg
    797.1 KB · Views: 63
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor