84 Buick Regal build. Quick update

Discussion in 'Buick Regal / T-Type / Grand National / GNX' started by Daca214, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Daca214

Daca214 Greasemonkey

Finally got the welding done and suspension in!!! I like the look of the rake with the moog springs i got on there.

These wheels and tires are temporary until i figure out what we are putting on there

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  2. MrSony

MrSony Comic Book Super Hero

Neat. You could always go with a set of t type wheels. You might get lucky and find a fool who thinks he just has "80s vector rims" and get em cheap. There's a guy near me who has 3 that are on a truck (actual t type wheels, conical lug seats, lip around the cap opening, etc) for a $100. I asked him if he'd take less since the tires are junk truck tires, there's only 3, and no center caps, he said no. So I went one state over and bought a full set with the original caps, and probably the original or 2nd set of tires that were ever on them for $300 lol.

I do think the best factory wheels on Regals are the T Type/Turbo T Wheels. GNX wheels a close second. Don't like the GN or the 85 down T Type wheels so much.

Attached Files:

3. 1evilregal

1evilregal Royal Smart Person

it's really looking great so far! maybe one of these days, if the DD project and the GP will co-operate, I'll be able to get back on my Regal...
    on a medium to light car like yours, I think these would really look great, if you're trying to stay close to stock looking...
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Daca214

Daca214 Greasemonkey

I agree. I like those wheels also. But since its “technically” my sons car. :sneaky:
    Will have to see how he feels about them!! Lol

• Like Like x 1
  5. Daca214

Daca214 Greasemonkey

Thanks man! Im trying and learning basically just want a safe reliable car for my son for now. Will definitely want to do a frame off for me in the future!! Near future hopefully

I like those wheels also

6. Daca214

Daca214 Greasemonkey

Finally got to test drive. I let my dad take the first spin!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Daca214

Daca214 Greasemonkey

Well i dont think you can upload video here but we took it for a test drive. Found a few bugs and then i think i bit of more than i can chew. We pulled the dash (my fathers suggestion)

Attached Files:

8. Daca214

Daca214 Greasemonkey

Removed that sloppy old shaft and installed this beautiful astro van shaft i got from fellow forum member 383_GrandPrix. Already clocked and painted Thank you for that. What a difference!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Daca214

Daca214 Greasemonkey

This steering wheel was in bad shape
    Man that brasso works wonders!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1