REGAL 84 Buick regal. Spring updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
I have a little console thing that came in my car when I bought it that sits up under the gauges. it catches any oil that leaks out of my gauge, even if it's only a drop. Either that, or invest in some good carpet cleaner.

Daca214

G-Body Guru
Dec 1, 2017
Jupiter, FL
So as much as i didnt want to spend the extra money i had my son drive the car to performance center of jupiter to troubleshoot that noise. Its about 15 miles from my house and other than the noise car drove great. New tstat is so mich better. Stayed right at 190 entire trip. Good oil pressure as well
These are hot rod guys and had alot of old school muscle in the shop so i trust they will know what they are doing. Family owned place and they seem real friendly so hope they dont take me for a ride.

Fingers crossed. Good news i guess is they both said by the tingy sound it doesnt seem to be coming from the lower end of motor. We shall see. Wish me luck

Reactions: 2 users

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
This could have been caused by a sticky or stuck valve, which caused increased wear on the lifter. Sticky valves can cause all sorts of weird problems like incorrect valve lash.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Daca214

G-Body Guru
Dec 1, 2017
Jupiter, FL
So received word from the shop. Worse possible news. So noise is definitely in the bottom end of motor. Needs to be pulled. Im going to borrow my buddies engine stand and pick up a hoist and pull it and leave it on the stand while i search for a 350

I will pull the oil pan because i just need to know what the noise is.

I dont have the money right now to buy and rebuild so sadly the car will be parked for a while

Such is life

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I have a little console thing that came in my car when I bought it that sits up under the gauges. it catches any oil that leaks out of my gauge, even if it's only a drop. Either that, or invest in some good carpet cleaner.

you have an oil leak inside the car??? You should fix that

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
you have an oil leak inside the car??? You should fix that
I did a while ago. But, the console is still there. Ready to catch any wayward oil should it ever leak again.

SoFloG

Royal Smart Person
Mar 9, 2016
South Florida
Haven't caught up with the whole thread but I'm about 30 min south and west of Jupiter now. Got a few good local resources for parts and what not. Worked off of Toney penna dr and also Venus, in Jupiter in the early 2000s. Feel free to hit me up!

Daca214

G-Body Guru
Dec 1, 2017
Jupiter, FL
Haven't caught up with the whole thread but I'm about 30 min south and west of Jupiter now. Got a few good local resources for parts and what not. Worked off of Toney penna dr and also Venus, in Jupiter in the early 2000s. Feel free to hit me up!
Thanks man. Sounds good!!
Im way out west also in the farms
If i ever get this thing running maybe all us south florida guys can meet up

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Nothing a gasket or two won't fix....

495828d1429114459-engine-carnage-pics-post-them-up-walts-20new-20iphone-20361.jpg

Sorry to hear the bad news, but look at it this way, once you DO get round tuit on fixing it, you'll know exactly where you stand and what you're working with. Silver linings....silver linings...

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor