84 cutlass breather cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

randerso72

n00b
Dec 8, 2018
Any chrome breather covers for 84 hurst available? Not able to rub the pitting out. Not real bad, any ideas that work? Or maybe where I could get it chromed? Thanks !!

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I'm assuming you mean the air cleaner lid. I don't know where you'd find a new one with the raised bead you seek. They have repros for the 87 versions without the bead.

Talk to any motorcycle shop or someone that puts a lot of chrome on their bikes for finding people that do the best chroming. That's not always a guarantee that it'll be great, but overall, I've found that to be a good start. Those motorcycle guys always seem to find the best coaters/chromers for whatever reason.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

randerso72

n00b
Dec 8, 2018
I'm assuming you mean the air cleaner lid. I don't know where you'd find a new one with the raised bead you seek. They have repros for the 87 versions without the bead.

Talk to any motorcycle shop or someone that puts a lot of chrome on their bikes for finding people that do the best chroming. That's not always a guarantee that it'll be great, but overall, I've found that to be a good start. Those motorcycle guys always seem to find the best coaters/chromers for whatever reason.

Yes, it is the air cleaner cover. It’s not real bad. I appreciate your reply and help. Will try that . thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor