84' Cutlass pro touring build

DSPbuilt

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2016
Cape Coral, FL
Very nice! Love the build!
I plan on doing the same setup for the brakes. As cheap as they are it’s interesting that more people don’t go that route.

Reactions: 1 user

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Thanks guys
Curing the high temp clear
20190712_020139.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Very nice! Love the build!
I plan on doing the same setup for the brakes. As cheap as they are it’s interesting that more people don’t go that route.
Agreed! It's relatively easy to do. Parts easy to get. And much less expensive than many setups out there. I'm sure for what I want to get out of this car that I will be very happy.

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Good view on DA shocks. And the big brake adapter. Along with a view of the cut dust shield. I used an old timer method to get hybrid coil overs installed. Big chain wrapped around the frame and between and under wheel of the Jack. I tried to put 6.1L in place last week and it wasn't enough weight to compress the spring. That harbor freight 3 ton Jack you see in pics is a nice tool for the money. Nice sturdy rubber surface on lifting point. Put that kinda even with the shock control arm junction wrapped up the chain using an old towel on the frame to avoid gouging the chassis paint. Nothing I'm telling you guys you don't already know about and I am jumping around and leaving steps out because I know 99% of you guys don't need to see me pack the bearings and mount spindles.

Reactions: 1 user

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
I meant to have a crazy smiley face at end of last one :LOL:
Enough for tonight. Tomorrow, hopefully, a lot more of the front end stuff

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor