84 Cutlass rear bumper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkuhar

G-Body Guru
Sep 27, 2018
Girard, IL
I am starting to do the bodywork and before I get to far into this I need to replace my rear bumper. It has a rust hole about the size of a half dollar on one side where there was a dent that popped the chrome off.
Does the bumper cover half to come off to swap bumpers?
I saw the nuts on the studs through the bumper shocks. Take it off there and where else.?
Does anyone have any pics?
Any experience with the rear bumpers from tamraz on eBay?
Thanks

AZRegal

Greasemonkey
Aug 20, 2017
Mesa AZ
You can take the metal part of the bumper off without removing the rubber cover. Those 8 bolts and an extra set of hands and you should be good. You might need a torch or grinder depending on how rusted they are. If you have to cut i would suggest removing the rubber bumper cover to prevent damaging it and to make access easier to those bolts. No idea about the ebay bumpers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor