84 Hurst Olds Rear Spoiler gaskets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakes442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 16, 2009
I am looking for the rear spoiler rubber gaskets for an 84 Hurst Olds. I have seen them in the past but they were expensive...$88 for 2 rubber gaskets. Anyone know where to find them reasonable?

Thanks for the info!

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Haven't seen the rubber ones. The factory ones are hard as bricks. They're spacers moreso than gaskets. Appears they're made out of some crude phenolic plastic, but I'm not 100% sure what the material is. Reminds me of some resin based stuff, but again, I am not sure. You have to seal the drilled holes into the trunk and there's a thin sheet of what used to be clear plastic under the spacer to help protect the paint, I imagine.

There's fiberglass ones here, for $45 per set. NO idea of quality.

https://gbodyparts.com/product_info.php?products_id=1269

Reactions: 2 users

DROLDS84

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2015
Northern Indiana
Mine are pretty deteriorated,I'm thinking I'm going to make some out of billet aluminum.Originality isn't a concern for me.

Reactions: 1 user

Jakes442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 16, 2009
Mine are pretty deteriorated,I'm thinking I'm going to make some out of billet aluminum.Originality isn't a concern for me.
Let me know if you take a run at making your own. Curious to see how that works out. The fiberglass repro's from GBody parts look OK, but I have an issue with paying $20 for shipping on something that will fit in an envelope? I was thinking about making some out of hard rubber material as well.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Let me know if you take a run at making your own. Curious to see how that works out. The fiberglass repro's from GBody parts look OK, but I have an issue with paying $20 for shipping on something that will fit in an envelope? I was thinking about making some out of hard rubber material as well.
I didn't see where shipping was $20. The drop down option menu said to add $20 to the single piece price as you're buying one for $25 and add an extra to make a set for $20 more. Hence $45. The shipping is another issue, but I never seen where it was $20 shipping charges. If it is, that's too high. Of course, I have no dog in this hunt, don't care what you buy or don't. But your options are very slim.

Reactions: 1 users

hoffa65

Master Mechanic
Mar 11, 2019
Atlanta GA
2 shipped to GA is 12 bucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor