84 Hurst Olds

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeepItTwisted

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 11, 2020
Hey everyone! I’m in Wilson NY which is north of Buffalo and just picked up a 1984 Hurst Olds! It’s a Texas car and it’s pretty decent! It needs restore and I’m going to street/strip it! I was curious if anyone had a kit where I can lower the entire car and if any of you have done this! Thanks for letting me join!

Attachments

• 38348E11-8762-433A-ADB8-7D5E9616596F.jpeg
    38348E11-8762-433A-ADB8-7D5E9616596F.jpeg
    254.5 KB · Views: 387
Reactions: 4 users

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
Hey everyone! I’m in Wilson NY which is north of Buffalo and just picked up a 1984 Hurst Olds! It’s a Texas car and it’s pretty decent! It needs restore and I’m going to street/strip it! I was curious if anyone had a kit where I can lower the entire car and if any of you have done this! Thanks for letting me join!
WELOCME and Congratulations on your new ride!!

Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Welcome to the site from Houston. Cool car. If you are looking for a suspension kit, check out UMI but there are lots of options. Careful, lowering springs in the front sometimes raise the front of the car relative to the sagging original springs. There's lots of information here on the subject.

Reactions: 2 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Welcome from a fellow upstate New Yorker! I'm just south of Syracuse. There are "kits" to lower your car but here's where the problem comes in. Don't believe what they say as far as it lowering x amount. Most likely your stock springs are already sagging. Many people have actually raised the height of their cars by installing lowering springs. Needless to say they weren't very happy. The easiest kit is coilover shocks. That way you can set the height where you want it. Of course that is also the most expensive. If you just replace coil springs, I would get a set of Moog 5606 springs for the front. Install them, give them a couple of weeks to settle, then figure out how much you want to lower it from there. You cut the same springs and reinstall them. May have to take them in and out a couple of times but it gets easier the more you do it. 🤣

• Agree

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
KeepItTwisted, welcome to GBF, from Seattle, Wa.
As the others have said, there are several different ways to lower the car. One that has not been mentioned yet would be drop spindles. Another thing that could be done would be hydraulic kits. You mentioned that your plan is to street/strip build it, so the hydraulic option is probably out. Good luck with your decision.

Last edited:

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
Street/Strip = drop spindles in front & double adjustable coilovers in the rear.

maxi426

Apprentice
Sep 20, 2018
I saw that car on Facebook, and said "that won't last long". Good luck with it. I'm in Buffao

Reactions: 1 users

KeepItTwisted

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 11, 2020
I saw that car on Facebook, and said "that won't last long". Good luck with it. I'm in Buffao
Well to be honest I asked my buddy to be on the look out for a g body for my nephew and strange at it is he bought it for me as a gift! Quite crazy honestly! He texted me he was in the move but wouldn’t tell me til he got home! Can’t wait to get started!

• Wow
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor