84 MC SS drop shocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

krawler00

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 27, 2017
Hey guys. I have an 84 SS and recently installed 3" drop springs in the rear. I now am bottoming out and looking for a new set of shocks. I have had a difficult time finding a set online that will work for the 3" drop. So looking for advice, brand, part numbers to order a set to get this back on the road. Here is a video of the car before swapping wheels and the rear drop.
I now run boss 338 wheels and the interior is now black but other than that the car is the same. I appreciate any help on this.

• Winner
Reactions: 1 users

Gremlinsteve

Master Mechanic
Mar 6, 2018
I am pretty sure my elky uses a 2 inch drop shock by bell tech
I'll look and see if I can get a number

krawler00

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 27, 2017
I am pretty sure my elky uses a 2 inch drop shock by bell tech
I'll look and see if I can get a number
Thanks. I am looking for measurements for shocks online and most companies do not list them. It's gonna need to be a short shock for sure.

Gremlinsteve

Master Mechanic
Mar 6, 2018
Mine came from summit racing
I was in there show room when I bought them
They located them for me

I'll be home soon and get a number
They are for sure a short shock

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
these are the Bilsteins I use on my lowered GP.....they are kinda pricey but you get what you pay for. It's a linear shock that takes a beating and comes back for more. I destroyed a set of KYB's in less than one summer.

short front
11.93" Extended Length - 7.95" Collapsed Length - 1973-83 Chevelle, 1973-88 Monte Carlo - GM Intermediate Front
Item #: BIL AK1051

short rear
17.20" Extended Length - 11.28" Collapsed Length - 1973-83 Chevelle, 1973-88 Monte Carlo - GM Intermediate
Item #: BIL AK1052

oranGekrate

Greasemonkey
Oct 25, 2012
Fredericksburg, VA
these are the Bilsteins I use on my lowered GP.....they are kinda pricey but you get what you pay for. It's a linear shock that takes a beating and comes back for more. I destroyed a set of KYB's in less than one summer.

short front
11.93" Extended Length - 7.95" Collapsed Length - 1973-83 Chevelle, 1973-88 Monte Carlo - GM Intermediate Front
Item #: BIL AK1051

short rear
17.20" Extended Length - 11.28" Collapsed Length - 1973-83 Chevelle, 1973-88 Monte Carlo - GM Intermediate
Item #: BIL AK1052
You must have this response saved on your puter so you can copy/paste it. :sneaky:

• Winner
Reactions: 1 user

krawler00

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 27, 2017
Thanks for all the info guys. Gremlinsteve, if you can post up that info from yours that would be great! I can compare all info and figure on which one to get. I really do not want to put the old 2" drop springs back in.

krawler00

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 27, 2017
One more question, how are the shocks you guys are mentioning mounted? Bar pin on one end and hole on the other? Reason I ask is I ordered a pair not too long ago and returned them as the mounting ends were wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor