MONTE CARLO 84 Monte Carlo SS Gen V L86 Swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

C.Hale85

n00b
Aug 12, 2020
I am about to put a Gen 5 L86 into my 84 Monte Carlo ss. I am wanting to bolt up to my 700R4. What motor mounts fit and can my transmission stay in the same spot? Will the stock manifolds work?

87National

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2009
eastern SD
I am about to put a Gen 5 L86 into my 84 Monte Carlo ss. I am wanting to bolt up to my 700R4. What motor mounts fit and can my transmission stay in the same spot? Will the stock manifolds work?
Gen 5 swaps aren't very common. I could be wrong, but I don't believe any members here have done one yet. The bang for the buck is still with the gen 3/4 stuff...... but if you are looking for a challenge and want to build something different...... I can respect that.

I would definetly go with a 6l80E or 6l90E.

Reactions: 1 users

C.Hale85

n00b
Aug 12, 2020
Gen 5 swaps aren't very common. I could be wrong, but I don't believe any members here have done one yet. The bang for the buck is still with the gen 3/4 stuff...... but if you are looking for a challenge and want to build something different...... I can respect that.

I would definetly go with a 6l80E or 6l90E.
do you have to do any tunnel work

DSPbuilt

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2016
Cape Coral, FL
You have to figure out hot yo run a tv cable on the l86. Holley now has the termi x with gdi so it runs the direct injection but no control for the six speed autos yet. You need a 4l60 or 4l80. Dont your time with the 700 or even a 4l60e for that matter.

Reactions: 1 user

Eddie Cutlass

Apprentice
May 3, 2020
San Diego
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor