84 regal 99 gs300 swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

bishopTS

Apprentice
Jan 14, 2017
ive been taking measurements and developing a plan lately on swapping the body on to a trailblazer frame. i picked up a trailblazer at work for 100 dollars with no motor. its 3 inches longer and the track with is 10 inches wider. so if i can shorten the frame 3 inches and build a new floor pan to match the new frame then it will leave me with a more solid built car. full boxed frame, 4 wheel disc brakes, rack and pinion steering for the cost of metal. the track width isnt going to make that big of a deal because the original tires tuck under the fenders so much that i will have plenty of room to work with. but i might have to widen the fenders or have a small fender flare or something. but im sure it will improve the handling. i guess we will see.

• Creative
Reactions: 1 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
ive been taking measurements and developing a plan lately on swapping the body on to a trailblazer frame. i picked up a trailblazer at work for 100 dollars with no motor. its 3 inches longer and the track with is 10 inches wider. so if i can shorten the frame 3 inches and build a new floor pan to match the new frame then it will leave me with a more solid built car. full boxed frame, 4 wheel disc brakes, rack and pinion steering for the cost of metal. the track width isnt going to make that big of a deal because the original tires tuck under the fenders so much that i will have plenty of room to work with. but i might have to widen the fenders or have a small fender flare or something. but im sure it will improve the handling. i guess we will see.
And, AWD, too?! :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor