84 REGAL LIMITED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve84

Greasemonkey
Jul 8, 2018
Anyone have the fuse block diagram or know what size fuse I should use for the BLOWER FAN? My fan stopped working when it burnt the ground terminal on the BLOWER SPEED MODULE pcb that sits inside the blower housing.

I have the automatic climate control system with the soft touch membrane controls.
THIS uses a special module that has many transistors resistors caps etc. on a longer pcb.

I repaired the end of the terminal wire and installed an in-line fuse for protection on the ground. I put in a 10 amp and it blew the fuse after the fan motor started blowing air. Since this is the original fan motor from '84, I think the motor is drawing too much current and is why the ground terminal on module burnt in the first place.

ANY HELP would be appreciated. Thanks

Steve84

Greasemonkey
Jul 8, 2018
Anyone have the fuse block diagram or know what size fuse I should use for the BLOWER FAN? My fan stopped working when it burnt the ground terminal on the BLOWER SPEED MODULE pcb that sits inside the blower housing.

I have the automatic climate control system with the soft touch membrane controls.
THIS uses a special module that has many transistors resistors caps etc. on a longer pcb.

I repaired the end of the terminal wire and installed an in-line fuse for protection on the ground. I put in a 10 amp and it blew the fuse after the fan motor started blowing air. Since this is the original fan motor from '84, I think the motor is drawing too much current and is why the ground terminal on module burnt in the first place.

ANY HELP would be appreciated. Thanks

I know my friend. I thought this thread would better fit here since I don't know what size fuse to try : )

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I know my friend. I thought this thread would better fit here since I don't know what size fuse to try : )

you're best to stick to one thread since it's about the same issue, us old guys get confused and think we are seeing double...:confused:

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
no problem. Sorry about that.

that's ok and this should help

IMG_0081.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor