85 442 in Texas

• Thread starter DocG G-edi Master
  • Start date
Trader history for DocG G-edi Master (0)

DocG G-edi Master

DocG G-edi Master

Apprentice
Aug 29, 2017
I just saw this on Craigslist. Not my car but seems worthy of some further looks. ?? Who doesn't like a Black 442 ?

Doc G [email protected]

DRIVEN

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
Owyhee County
Link not working. It tries to open my email.

O

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
Reactions: DRIVEN
69hurstolds

69hurstolds

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Oh, have mercy! That is one sharp looking 85. Pop some T-tops on it and Claret interior and it would be a twin to mine. Almost. The exhaust from the cat back isn't stock, but does sound good (link in the writeup for a youtube vid) but underneath the hood it looks great and all original. Missing the insulation on the A/C hose and the vapor canister spring clamp is installed correctly (dumbass who did mine must've been off that day this car was built). The "NH" decal on the front of the air cleaner is missing, but you can see where it was. A bit of wear on the driver bottom section of the bucket, and incorrect stereo and floormats. The trunk looks like it's got some crazing on the trunklid. Look close at the reflection. A bit hazy back there. Also, not original style tires, but they're acceptable. I have some NOS fabric for that seat bottom. And I'd have to see if I had some new GM mats for it.

Overall it looks very clean and 99% correct. Wish there was a pic of the trunk sticker. I could be wrong, but it appears it may have a 16" spare in it. If original to the car, good chance it's a posi.

Pricewise...they'd have to come down some on that. I'd probably go between 12-13.5 at BEST. And that's only because I'm biased. But at only 36K miles, it may reach the upper side of that. JMO.

Edit to add: I forgot- the radiator overflow tank is not correct either. It should have the rear cap on the tank, not the center one. But I think that's it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rktpwrd
69hurstolds

69hurstolds

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
It didn't have cruise control anyway. Who needs it. :)

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck ConsolesDixie Restoration DepotMike's MontesP-S-TSouthside Machine PerformanceUMI Performance

contact[email protected]for info on becoming a sponsor