85 442 on ebay.. hahahhahahah

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunter_alexander

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2008
Erie Pa
Another flipper trying to get top money for something with so many things wrong with it. lol Why do they even bother?

303'505rollin

G-Body Guru
Sep 4, 2020
Colorado2newmexico
They make it seem like everything listed is a high dollar option that wouldn't be on another lol ooooo dual mirrors aaaah a full rear bench seat,wait is that really there oh wow a full sized spare in the trunk it's got it all hahaha. and the best part it's been swapped with a cheap a sh*t American eagle "383" instead of the reliable olds motor it should have or at least a olds motor swap(350,403,455) would have been better

Reactions: 1 users

tkruger

Master Mechanic
May 6, 2015
NY
They can only do that because there is a buyer somewhere that will pay for it. At least they have the make offer option. Also they are offering free shipping. Depending on where you are that might be something. Then again I need to see something that cost that much prior to buying it.

fauxfour2

Greasemonkey
Apr 21, 2020
But, but, its got a 6-Blade Cooling Fan!!!!! Not 4, not 5, but 6!!!!! Honestly i want the people that took the pics of this car to take my Christmas card photo lol. Its a nice looking car but pretty expensive. Too rich for my blood.

Reactions: 1 user

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
They make it seem like everything listed is a high dollar option that wouldn't be on another lol ooooo dual mirrors aaaah a full rear bench seat,wait is that really there oh wow a full sized spare in the trunk it's got it all hahaha. and the best part it's been swapped with a cheap a sh*t American eagle "383" instead of the reliable olds motor it should have or at least a olds motor swap(350,403,455) would have been better
Could also be worse.

At least they didn't throw a junk ls motor in it.

Reactions: 2 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I almost went to work, I mean became a contactor for him to buy cars. A few years back he had just a hidden shop with so-so cars then all of a sudden he rolled into something & got the bigger out there shop. I had no idea he expanded to Florida. For what he offered to pay if I bought him the right number of cars in a week wasn't worth it or the fact if I didn't get the right number no money that week. What made it less of a desire was I would of had to compete with him & another guy to get contacts & listings. That car is kinda better than what he sold in the past but alot of the value parts are removed for "fast" & shinny stuff. Even seen those good parts wasting away outside of the original shop.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Can't even BEGIN to start where this thing isn't just more than a painted over rust bucket. MAYBE the transmission is still an OZ, but I doubt it. The rear end may be the only good thing left on this car. Front headlight surrounds aren't black inlayed, clear front parking lamps...whoever did this has absolutely no clue what a Salon had on it.

That interior fabric is too light, and far from tight, as you can tell by them using the original gray buttons. Unfortunately they didn't bother to redo the seat bolster correctly when they recovered the seats. The sew job looks like 98 year-old grandma's hand sewing from the knitting club.

The dash has attempted to be covered in something. Didn't go so well it appears. It's definitely over 1087 miles.

Front and rear Oldsmobile emblems incorrect, the 442 decal set is aftermarket and seemingly poor quality. At least poor application. They obviously haven't seen or measured a real 442.

MAYBE $4500 tops. Take 20,400K off the top. It suuuuuuuuuucks.

Just...just....no.

Reactions: 4 users

hunter_alexander

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2008
Erie Pa
Anyone take a look at the trans crossmember? hahahahah

And yes, the seats, the dash (trainwreck), the chrome on the bumper covers missing, the seat belt holders on the top of the bucket seats, I mean, everything is wrong with this car. And 25K?

79 GP 4 speed

Master Mechanic
Nov 12, 2017
Is the transmission crossmember notched but no metal welded in to close it off? I would have thought with bucket seats it would have had a factory console. Where is the hood scoop, car is so fast it flew off? He's in competition with Gateway Classics to see who can get more for a gbody.

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
Very poor attention to detail. Someone invested a lot of money into this thing. Too bad the execution is so poor. If it had rust it definitely looks good now but buyer beware.
1628346330672.jpeg

Why would anyone accept this?
1628346464024.jpeg

Looks like the mounting bosses for the LH grill are stripped or broken…. The whole front end on this car is wrong.
1628346573939.png

I loathe steering wheel covers. This one is probably hiding the beef jerky underneath.
1628346674734.jpeg

Missing SS trim and bumper chrome on the front and back. That’s ok. No one will notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor