69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
ECM Voltages 85 CSM.jpg

sldwys

Greasemonkey
Nov 21, 2020
The light has been on since I bought it. Just have been doing other things to the car. I’ve reset computer multiple times still comes on.

Thanks for the detailed instructions and linking the part. I’m about to buy it. Lol.

Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
USUALLY the TPS is toast reading high like that. Although you can't rule out a bad ECM (very unlikely but potentially possible) or bad wiring.

E4MC TPS Adjustment Chevy CSM 1.jpg

E4MC TPS Adjustment Chevy CSM 2.jpg

sldwys

Greasemonkey
Nov 21, 2020
I still haven’t drove the car all that much since I’ve had it. So don’t know all it’s demons yet.

But I have noticed sporadic idling, high, low. So hopefully just TPS sensor.

In the video you posted, he didn’t do any drilling? Is this absolutely necessary? Carb work always makes me nervous.

I’ve ordered a tps sensor, and a small rebuild kit from quadrajet power. Just in case I need new air horn gasket.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
The video of the TPS replacement was just for basic understanding of what needs to be done to replace it if need be. He didn't do it exactly right and never used any instrumentation to ensure he had it adjusted properly. If you don't check it, you'll never know. Ballpark lucky, perhaps. Without the TPS voltage being checked/adjusted properly, the ECM doesn't know if you're at WOT or not. It matters to the CCC stuff.

The TPS cap does 2 things. It's supposed to hold the adjusting screw in place and also keeps out dirt, etc. But if someone had removed it before, and never replaced it, you would have no need to drill out the cap. The book also says you can use thread lock compound GM p/n 1052624, which is the same thing as Permatex High Temperature Sleeve Retainer on the original screw without a cap.

If the adjusting screw was replaced with a service screw, they already were supposed to come with a locking compound on the threads. That's usually not ever.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor