85 Buick Grand National 400 SBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

don4life

Apprentice
Jun 22, 2014
I guess to start I decided that I wanted to get back to owning and driving a true muscle car and knew that it had to be a full solid frame GM. I wanted something that could make lots of power and still be drive-able. So not so long story short the G-body has to be the best of the best, I can put what ever motor I want to in it and the frame and suspension can handle the abuse that I plan on putting it through. So I actually found the exact car that I wanted which is a 85 Buick T-type with a 400 sbc already in it. The car has been sitting for around 5 years as a potential jeep project but I got the guy to trade it to me for a 97 v6 Firebird. Anyways its mine now and I have big dreams and lots of work to get it there.

So I will begin the build thread. Currently it is a 85 Buick T-type with a 400 sbc with headers, holley double pumper carb and th350 trans ,it is missing the posi 8.5 rear, but has a 3.42 monty ss rear end, also missing is the headlights and needs new steering column plus the floor pan is trash because it sat outside for about 5 years. I have purchased and about to install new gas tank and sending unit, black headlights that convert them to H4 HID, wiring harness for the new H4 bulbs, 01 Intrepid fan and hayden 2 fan 2 speed controller and all new locks and keys plus some other misc item needed...

Attachments

• DSCN0977.JPG
    DSCN0977.JPG
    331 KB · Views: 853
  • DSCN0979.JPG
    DSCN0979.JPG
    398.7 KB · Views: 740
  • DSCN0980.JPG
    DSCN0980.JPG
    208.4 KB · Views: 725
  • DSCN0983.JPG
    DSCN0983.JPG
    230.9 KB · Views: 696
  • DSCN0986.JPG
    DSCN0986.JPG
    348.4 KB · Views: 710

don4life

Apprentice
Jun 22, 2014
I have all the t-type badges, turbo dash and correct vin # so im pretty sure it was a factory t-type

don4life

Apprentice
Jun 22, 2014
Wish this winter would end already so I can put all the new parts laying around into it and start causing trouble

Last edited:

theoldsone

G-Body Guru
Dec 26, 2014
That's a good start for a project. Your on the same boat at me cant wait for winter to leave and spring to start! Do you plan on just running the 400 or rebuilding it?

don4life

Apprentice
Jun 22, 2014
That's a good start for a project. Your on the same boat at me cant wait for winter to leave and spring to start! Do you plan on just running the 400 or rebuilding it?

It is supposed to be in running condition, but I have not verified so I guess Ill see what happens when I get further into it. I'm thinking that it has been rebuilt at some point because of its age and it has a performer rpm intake and some other noticeable upgrades.

Also I have recently purchased a complete 8.5 posi rear end, UMI adj upper and lower rear arms and a 140amp alternator. But we havent seen a day over freezing in weeks and my garage isnt heated.

don4life

Apprentice
Jun 22, 2014
Got it running and actually drove it a few times. The carb needs rebuilding but the car runs strong and pulls hard. Just gotta find time to get all the new parts on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor