85 Cutlass Headlight Fuses/Relays???

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeeMy355

Apprentice
Apr 15, 2009
Does anyone know where the fuses and/or relays are for headlights on an 85 Cutlass...?

According the Chilton's I have the fuse box is located down by the pedals on the driver's side (I already knew that) but then the book says refer to the panel on the fuse box door for individual fuse references...

The only problem with that is that I'm looking in the book because the piece of paper that labels the fuses is 25 years old, it's pretty much disintegrated...

Thanks for any replies...

joe_padavano

Royal Smart Person
Sep 13, 2006
Northern VA
SeeMy355 said:
Does anyone know where the fuses and/or relays are for headlights on an 85 Cutlass...?

According the Chilton's I have the fuse box is located down by the pedals on the driver's side (I already knew that) but then the book says refer to the panel on the fuse box door for individual fuse references...

The only problem with that is that I'm looking in the book because the piece of paper that labels the fuses is 25 years old, it's pretty much disintegrated...

You can't find them because they don't exist. Your G-body does not use a headlight relay (cars still had real wire in them then) and the "fuse" is a circuit breaker that is internal to the headlight switch.

SeeMy355

Apprentice
Apr 15, 2009
joe_padavano said:
SeeMy355 said:

You can't find them because they don't exist. Your G-body does not use a headlight relay (cars still had real wire in them then) and the "fuse" is a circuit breaker that is internal to the headlight switch.

Well, that would be a good explanation...

I figured out why I was having the problem I was experiencing anyway, though...

Thanks for replying, joe...

rip1212

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 4, 2010
Chicago, IL
Im having a similar issue with my headlights on my 1984 cutlass supreme brougham and I thought my car had relays too. But I cant figure it out man. Can any of you point me in the right direction? SeeMy355 How did you go about troubleshooting the problem. BTW I also have an issue with the turn signal switch. When I press it down the left blinker is way slower then the right blinker. It blinks like its suppose to, just not in a normal rapid fashion. Any feedback or help will be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor