85 Cutlass Supreme - Mulligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
haha What's that weird noi... holy crap!
Yep...my brother in law and myself were getting ready to prime the pump and didn't even cross our minds....i pulled the trigger on the drill and a stream of oil shot straight up from the sender hole on back of block lol!!! We just looked at each, laughed, and grab some shop rags and started wiping. Only made that mistake once btw!

Reactions: 1 users

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Pine-sol. What do ya know:)
Just FYI if you run into a q-Jet, dual jet that has a worn out throttle shaft I have a fix for it. Briggs and Stratton valve guide bushings. As I remember I may still have a bunch of throttle plate screws also. Good work on the q-jet. I knew of seasoned techs that would not touch one. I think I still have the gauges for checking the float level without taking the top of the carb off. Bunch of antique stuff that I can't part with

Bar50

Royal Smart Person
Jan 1, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Okay, I gotta know, what is the Pine-Sol mixture, straight or diluted?

Lemon scent

Ocean water

Citrus

Whatever the purple is?

Reactions: 1 user

Algershick

Greasemonkey
Nov 27, 2015
Tacoma, Washington
I mixed it 50/50 with water, the Original variety sold at Dollar Stores nationwide. You may have to experiment with your scent of choice. :D

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
That would probably be dependent on the color of your car I would think. The problem may be if it clashes with the interior color.

Bar50

Royal Smart Person
Jan 1, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I am down to try whatever keeps these old beasts moving and working. I am always willing to learn or try.

Algershick

Greasemonkey
Nov 27, 2015
Tacoma, Washington
If there's something I'm not good at, its sticking to a plan. I ordered a 2.5" header-back exhaust kit and intended on building some pipes to connect it to my stock manifolds. I had removed the crossover, blocked it off, and was mulling over how much I didn't want to adapt the smaller drivers side manifold up to 2.5" to match the passenger side and mate with my exhaust setup.

So I did what any irrational home garage mechanic would have done and ordered a set of Hedman Headers. I understand that I may have fitment issues with the xmember that I purchased, so we'll see when it all goes together. I've also got an x-pipe to fit into the system.

I'm having a hell of a time stripping the shipping paint off of them in order to coat with high temp BBQ paint. I tried pressure washing with little effect. I cooked them in my powdercoating oven which actually melted the paint, but it dried and stuck right back to the headers as they began to cool. I'm currently letting them soak in an electrolysis tank and it appears to be working very well. I'll use lacquer thinner and elbow grease for whatever is left.

Algershick

Greasemonkey
Nov 27, 2015
Tacoma, Washington
Update: Electrolysis strips paint without breaking a sweat! Worked fantastic. I ran the header in the electrolyte for about 3 hours, then pressure washed and blew all of the paint off. I'm super impressed. Its in my powdercoating oven right now to evaporate all of the water.

Reactions: 1 user

Algershick

Greasemonkey
Nov 27, 2015
Tacoma, Washington
Headers are installed, exhaust is going in piece-by-piece. Exactly as described numerous times in this forum, my passenger side header collector points out slightly toward the side of the car. These headers have a ball/socket style collector, so I've taken advantage of that as well as cutting/re-welding my pipes to get them to point where I want. I've cleared the transmission crossmember and am now working on the x-pipe.

This morning I also wired up my pressure switch for the transmission lockup, and got the linkage to the column put back together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor