Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 25, 2016
Hello,

I have this 85 cutlass, its got an iron 5.3 lsx and 700r4. The wheels are:

Front:18x8.5 5x4.75 -6mm
Front tires: 245/35ZR-18

Rear: 20X8.5 5x4.75 -6mm
Rear tires: 245/35ZR-20

Front suspension has southside machine tubular upper a arms with 1 in taller ball joints, and .5 in taller lower ball joints. I have done the blazer brake upgrade and stainless lines. Front springs are old. Rear suspension is stock.

My question is this: I was looking at opg 2 in or 3 in drop springs. I know the ball joints drop me .5 in already. I've heard that cutlass wheel wells are smaller. What drop would be good? I'd like it to tuck a bit.

Also does anyone have pics of cutlass's on opg springs? I added a pic of the car so you can see what I'm working on.

Attachments

• P_20160925_184109.jpg
    P_20160925_184109.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 199

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
I don't have one, but I would think on a Cutlass with 8.5" wheels, Neg 6mm offset is going to just hit the inner fender lip. +15mm offset would work better, but if you have the wheels already, I'd say you'll need to roll the fender lips and maybe cut away the inner fenders at the top. (The Blazer Brake upgrade makes this situation worse).

In Back, -6mm is about perfect and 255's should fit no problem.

11spaceships

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 25, 2016
Can I retain factory looking fenders when I roll them? I'd like to keep the same general shape.

Anyone have pics of a cutlass dropped on opg springs?

11spaceships

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 25, 2016
Ahh ok. I was thinking you were talking about the import style where they pucker out the fender in a fake wide body style

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor