Status
Not open for further replies.

Robby05

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 21, 2015
Awesome build. Where'd the turbo kit come from & Specs of turbo?

Reactions: 1 user

84_SS

Greasemonkey
Sep 17, 2015
Windsor, Ont
Nice build so far, really close to mine as well. Drag Week is my long term goal for my car, it's such a cool event.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Beautiful! Great job on the frame. I don't want to nit pick and PLEASE don't take this wrong, but I'd do something different with with 180 in the passenger side pipe. Perhaps shorten the header a couple of inches and keep it at a 90.

Sub 10 seconds is going to be a lot of work. What are you running for a trans? Hopefully a 4L80E. What are you using for engine management?

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Nothing wrong with the GM computer. You can buy the software and tune it yourself. It is a little more complicated than others, but by no means impossible. If you can master HP Tuners, then everything else will appear elementary. Glad to hear you're getting a built trans., the TH400 will be just fine as far as I'm concerned. I'm glad to hear no talk of a 4L60. Presently, no one has parts to get them to hold up.

Sounds like your motor is going to be way more than a junkyard LS swap - it sounds like a 900 whp build. Just be careful and creep up on the tune. There is no shame in getting it to run with 6-8psi and learn how to tune. Best of luck - Jim

84_SS

Greasemonkey
Sep 17, 2015
Windsor, Ont
Your fab work is looking great, the downpipe looks like a nice smooth transition. Are you not running fender liners?

zeth hale

Greasemonkey
Aug 12, 2016
clare, Michigan
Love the car and engine I'm in the collecting and building process for my Ls motor. Gotta file rings whenever I get them. Mines lq4 plan to run 4l80e with s480 billet. Also always wanted to go to drag week, or drag weekend or power tour or really any race of the like not so much to compete but just to go see the cars and cool people

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor