85 Cutty odd turn signal issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

RICKDIZZLE

Greasemonkey
Sep 16, 2014
I have a 1985 Cutlass and never had any issues with turn signals.....today took it out for a quick lap and noticed my turn signals are acting really odd. I turn my signal on to go left and the first several flashes are normal speed, then it slows almost to the point of not blinking anymore, just being off. So I hit the right signal....same exact issue...normal blink, then almost no blink at all....thinking blinker relay? What do you guys think? Also where is the blinker relay or module on the Cutty, heard under right side of steering column?

RICKDIZZLE

Greasemonkey
Sep 16, 2014
I do not do this to often, LOL, I answered my own question. It was just my turn signal flasher after all. I replaced it and I am back in business! I will say, the previous owner installed an after market CD player, so my flasher was not attached to anything....just floating between the left side of the CD player and that center console wall just right of the steering column. The easiest way I found after trial and error, was to drop the ash tray and the metal bracket under that center console for lack of better words, reach in and there was the flasher. Much easier then trying to go from the back in my instance. Plus my flasher was so tight on its plug, I had to wiggle it off with a flat head screw driver. Reversed the steps for reinstall and $7 bucks later problem fixed. Thanks guys for reading, hopefully this thread will lend a hand to others!

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor