85' Grand Prix need frt/bk bumper shocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 14, 2015
I found this topic discussed in several places here but "your authority doesn't allow you to comment" so I am left with opening a new post. (Another forum which believes some questions are not timeless). So I pre-apologize but I never saw where anyone answered this question. I would like to know where to obtain both a single front and rear "bumper shock" that the dealer no longer stocks calling them a "bumper absorber". If I go looking at a wrecking yard, what do I call for and what other vehicles might I find the same part number shock installed on? THANKS!!!

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
They're also referred to as energy absorbers... bumpers shocks are close enough. I think you may have to find them used. You can start by placing a "wanted" ad, and I'm sure one of our members will respond.

gmparts

Greasemonkey
Jan 27, 2013
I found this topic discussed in several places here but "your authority doesn't allow you to comment" so I am left with opening a new post. (Another forum which believes some questions are not timeless). So I pre-apologize but I never saw where anyone answered this question. I would like to know where to obtain both a single front and rear "bumper shock" that the dealer no longer stocks calling them a "bumper absorber". If I go looking at a wrecking yard, what do I call for and what other vehicles might I find the same part number shock installed on? THANKS!!!

I have front and rear bumper shocks $25.00 each plus shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor