85 Monte Carlo ls swap manifold options

Status
Not open for further replies.

timmyadkins

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 9, 2016
I have a 85 Monte that I’m swapping a 5.3 into. I read some places that the trailblazer ss manifolds will work. I ordered a set and put them on the engine on the stand but I can’t see how they would. I have slider mounts on the engine. Can anyone comment on this? Has it been done? And if they won’t work can someone point me in the direction of the manifolds that will work? Eventually this will be turbo charged and I’ll flip the manifolds anyways.

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
I have a 85 Monte that I’m swapping a 5.3 into. I read some places that the trailblazer ss manifolds will work. I ordered a set and put them on the engine on the stand but I can’t see how they would. I have slider mounts on the engine. Can anyone comment on this? Has it been done? And if they won’t work can someone point me in the direction of the manifolds that will work? Eventually this will be turbo charged and I’ll flip the manifolds anyways.
Trailblazer SS intake manifold or exhaust manifolds?

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan

They worked on my Monte too. Flipped around, flanges cut off, and a turbo hung between them. :p

Reactions: 1 users

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
Exhaust manifolds
To my knowledge the Trailblazer SS intake manifold is what everyone is using for the flow characteristics, not the exhaust manifolds. The truck exhaust manifolds won't clear on the passenger side(could chop frame for clearance), 2010+ Camaro exhaust manifolds won't clear either. If going turbo either would work flipped side to side with custom welding for the turbo flange of course. Only ones that are a drop in are the Holley/Hooker cast manifolds or LS swap headers, some have used 4th Gen Camaro headers I believe also but they have a wonky kick out towards the under side of the car.. You might could try Vette style but I think they even hit the frame.

Reactions: 1 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Truck manifolds cut and welded. It doesn't need a professional weld job - as long as they don't leak on your welds they'll be good. Preferably find a set with the emissions port in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor