85 Monte SS lowering options

Status
Not open for further replies.

savage110

n00b
Dec 31, 2016
Looking to lower my 85 monte about 2.5 inches in the front. Don't have the money right now to buy new springs or drop spindles, but was wondering if there are any stock springs you could pull off another car that'll do the job. Same question for any spindles that would give it between a 2-3 inch drop. If not, I will probably cut the springs and use that until I can afford new springs. Mostly just trying to get a better look to the car, not worried for the moment about performance issues with cut springs being stiffer, unless there are more problems besides just stiffening up the ride and potentially bottoming out struts.

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
No stock replacement even for other cars will drop it that much. I'd just cut your factory springs no more than 1 full coil. Probably closers to 3/4 of a coil.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
Moog 5658's are $60/pr with free shipping off amazon.

Cut a little bit of the coil with a $10 Harbor Freight Cut off wheel until the desired results are achieved.

Seems way easier/cheaper/safer than going to a junkyard and pulling springs off a junk car.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor