85 monte ss outer window sweep

Status
Not open for further replies.

leona

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 11, 2011
I currently have a 85 monte ss and i was wondering if i would use outer window sweeps with reveal mouldings or without reveal mouldings to replace old beat up ones? The monte ss is all stock.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
I have the ones without reveal moldings I believe. Mine just have a chrome strip at the top and I dont reuse the original trim. IMO it looks alot better/cleaner but obviously the paint under the stock trim as to be in good shape or else it will look like sh*t.

leona

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 11, 2011
So you took off the original black trim that goes with the window sweep and replaced it with the window sweep that doesn't need the black trim?

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Yup. It looks alot cleaner IMO. I can post pics thursday when I get home if your interested.

leona

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 11, 2011
Okay cool. I was trying to keep the car original but if it looks good with those other outer window sweeps I might think about changing both sides.

leona

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 11, 2011
Yeah I'm interested. Can you send me some pics of the black trim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor