85 regal tail lights and dash lights not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdmvelaz69

n00b
Aug 16, 2013
Hey I'm new to the site as member but always used this site as my online mechanic i have an 85 buick regal that the tail lights and dash lights dont work also left turn signal just stays on does not blink just stays lit up but lights and hazard lights work just dash and tail lights dont need help dont want to get ticket for driving with no taillights please notify me what to do someone told me to check the ground but dont know where it located I found a ground which looks like it could be ground for tail lights but not sure it all happened at night I turned the car on and then I saw and heard a small spark under dash where my fuse box is located checked all fuse all are good except the wiper I replaced

Champ2014

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 27, 2013
In my 78 I had changed my headlights switch and my dashlights, taillights, and turn signal stop and the headlights were way to dim. Come to find out it it was fuse labeled taillight I think and the rest were tied in. I hope this helps

seawolf18

Master Mechanic
Jan 12, 2013
SE South Dakota
the ground for the tail lights is the black wire and all the lights go to one ground on each side of the car. Turn on your lights. Take your test light and probe the brown wire at your tail light socket. IF you have power then its probably a ground problem. If not then its a power problem up stream. Check your tail light fuse, and dash light fuse. If they are good, I would suspect the headlight switch. If you have one turn signal indicator on constantly, that usually means one of your turn signal bulbs is burned out, or there is something wrong with the light socket.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
the wire harness that feeds the rear lights is solid strand aluminum. On the fuse box on the left side lower connection is the harness that feeds the rear lights. I think it's the 4th wire up from the bottom that is the feed for parking lights, it's brown. Check the connection at the fuse box to see it it's broken. The aluminum wire corrodes easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor