85 ss computer removal-

Status
Not open for further replies.

bowtietillidie85SS

Greasemonkey
Mar 26, 2010
Jackson Ms
I have this hunk of wires on my passenger fender that goes into the passenger side of my car to the computer. the only ones that appear in use is a hot wire from battery to starter and 3 ground wires going to my block. anyone know what the grounds would be? other than those 4 nothing else is in use. can i trim out the rest and make them go away until i have the time/space to remove the whole deal?

bowtietillidie85SS

Greasemonkey
Mar 26, 2010
Jackson Ms
Re: 85 ss computer removal- Before and after Pics

The day i got the car:
031-Copy.jpg

New Carb,plug wires,alt, air cleaner assembly, computer GONE, and just some cleaning up-
006.jpg

Still have a LONG ways to go under there. i believe removing the AC/Heater box is next any tips??

84cutspreme

Royal Smart Person
Jun 4, 2009
I've never removed the computer completely but I'd assume a/c & heat is next since they are useless without a computer.

bowtietillidie85SS

Greasemonkey
Mar 26, 2010
Jackson Ms
Re: 85 ss computer removal- Before and after Pics

Still have a LONG ways to go under there. i believe removing the AC/Heater box is next any tips??[/quote]

Yep just got to figure out the best angle to attack it at.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
84cutspreme said:
I've never removed the computer completely but I'd assume a/c & heat is next since they are useless without a computer.

Both the A/C and heater systems are independant of the cars computer.

Looks like all your A/C is gone, but not only would I not remove the heater, I'd hook the thing back up so it worked.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
You could keep your heater box intact incase someday you ever decided to put the A/C back in it...

You could also modify it to help reduce clutter and still retain heater function, like this one...
This is 350_85cutty's car...
workinoncutty6.jpg

Or you could go with the factory non A/C set up, but it is a bit more work.
31736620014_large.jpg

bowtietillidie85SS

Greasemonkey
Mar 26, 2010
Jackson Ms
Im not 100% on what im going to do yet. the heater core needs replaced anyway. i may just end up pulling it all and going with a delete plate. im not in any hurry as i have all summer to figure out what im going to do, i would like to find an all stock g body to drive everyday and start modding this one. Lots of ideas... :blam:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor