86 Chevy 305 no start

Status
Not open for further replies.

83gbody

Greasemonkey
Apr 17, 2012
Oxford, Ms
I need help getting my car started I replace cam, lifters an timing chain. I put timing marks together with number one piston up on compression stroke an put dizzy et number one piston. I've check the wires an timing over an over again but still no start it acts like it won't to start but don't when I pull throttle on carb it slows the cranking dwn can any body help me with any advice will be appreciated thanks

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
83gbody said:
I put timing marks together with number one piston up on compression stroke an put dizzy et number one piston.

Right there's your problem. You're 180* off. When you line up your timing marks dot to dot, you aren't actually on the compression stroke on the number one cylinder, it's the exhaust stroke. You need to turn the engine over on revolution, then put the distributor in with rotor pointing to number one.

83gbody

Greasemonkey
Apr 17, 2012
Oxford, Ms
Thanks

83gbody

Greasemonkey
Apr 17, 2012
Oxford, Ms
Got another problem dizzy fires then stops

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor