1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

86 GN Saskatoon SK (Canada)

Discussion in 'Auction Links' started by O. D. Showtime, Apr 1, 2017.

1. O. D. Showtime

O. D. Showtime Royal Smart Person

2. UNGN

UNGN G-Body Guru

...and $20,000 Canadian converts to what, $986.26?

$15,000 USD is a pretty good deal for a 61K mile car in today's market if it is rust free. He even sounds like he's willing to deal. They won't be getting cheaper. This would have been a $6000 USD car in 1996 and a $9,000 USD car in 2006, and a $13,000 USD car in 2015, but those ships have sailed.

3. O. D. Showtime

O. D. Showtime Royal Smart Person

I don't have the spare cash for it..... but thought it was a decent price...so figured I'd post it up.

4. UNGN

UNGN G-Body Guru

$15K is still a lot of money for a 31 year old car, but someone buys it and keeps it nice and puts 3K or so miles per year on it, they won't lose money on it (unless they go crazy on mods)

GN guys having to have every bolt on every snake oil salesman sold is the EXACT reason I built my stock appearing 11.5 second T-type. In the pits after looking over my car, "Bolt on GN guys" would give me tips on how to go faster, then ask me what I run. I tell them and they would just say "oh" and sneak away.

• Like Like x 1
  5. team canada

team canada Not-quite-so-new-guy

Its possibly been hit or has been repainted though..trunk lid badge is on the wrong side.

6. UNGN

UNGN G-Body Guru

Almost All GN's have been repainted, many by GM under warranty. The primer they used caused the top coat to come off in sheets.

My 25K mile '86 was original paint, but the paint was super funky if you looked real close, like it could come flying off at any moment. There was a murkiness under the black. If was shiny and showed fine outside, but I was always afraid I'd go out to the garage and find the body rejected the paint.