BUILD THREAD 86 GP 2+2~Blown 6.0

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
G body #4. Yikes!

Almost done with engineering school and wanted to play around on the HAAS CNC mill and maybe design and sell a blower manifold for LS engines. Project didn't go through but I had most of the parts so I am continuing. Bought a 6.0 for $200 this spring, GT500 blower, ect. Was destined for a C4 vette.

2+2 came up for sale and was perfect for the goal of a road race kinda car. Probably go t56 eventually.

Car was from the original family. Spend most of its life in Texas and came to MN in the mid 90's. Blew up in 97 and got a 350 swapped in that never ran right. Mice got in the interior in the meantime and the owner kinda moved on.

Body is great minus a dent in the drivers fender and passenger quarter. No real rust from what I can see. Still need to do an inventory on the interior to see whats gone. Needs work but I can definitely do something with it.

And the engine that is going in.

Reactions: 7 users

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
sweet find! still wishing I'd been able to pick the one up @ the auction I got my GP at, was past saving, and didn't have the back window, but had alot of salvageable parts.... glad you're able to rescue this one! will be following this build!

Darin

Reactions: 1 user

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Cleaned it up today and did an inventory of what I have. Center console is complete but broken.

Need weatherstrip, carpet, rear seat, new passenger seat foam and fabric, passenger sun visor, ect.

Medium sized dent in the rear quarter. I hope its just popped in and it just needs to be pushed out.

Theres that mess

And its not too bad after a good wash.

Reactions: 3 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Yeah, I decided if it was a similar priced and condition 442, H/O, or T type I would have snatched it up. No it doesn't have the prestige but why not this one. Plus it was local and in pretty nice shape. Better condition than my cutlass when I bought it.

Christmas break I'm renting a rug doctor and cleaning the dust off the interior and putting it back together best I can.

Reactions: 1 users

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Very cool, figured I'd stop in. I'll be following along for sure.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Thought I would update it with a bit of the fab work ive been doing in the last few months to get a 07ish GT500 blower onto an LS.

Needed an 8 rib drive for the blower pulley. Nice thing is the truck balancer has a 4 rib for the AC. Just add 4 more ribs!

Countersunk the valley pan bolts

Machined an adapter plate

Intake is a mid 2000's magnacharger manifold that I bought with some cracks. I welded them up and its good to go!

Made a "filthy ferret" copy of a dirty dingo idler relocation bracket

And took the stock Gt500 pulley, bored it out, and drilled the bolt pattern for the modular pulley hub I bought for a GTP m90 (fun fact, all eaton blowers have the same drive shaft diameter!)

Also ordered the 8 rib idlers from rockauto to adapt over for the blower belt. I'm done with the semester next thursday so I hope to drop the motor in a few weeks!

Reactions: 6 users

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
SICK project car I've been eyeing them and would love to pick one up!

drogg1

G-Body Guru
Jan 25, 2009
Didn't notice the blower in the first post. Nice work repairing the intake and adapting the blower and pulleys. Will the blower fit under the stock hood?

I'm also finally finishing engineering school and planning to finally put my Monte back together this spring.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor