BUILD THREAD 86 GP 2+2~Blown 6.0

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
That's the way my MGW is. I've missed a few 3-2 downshifts on the Camaro because I didn't yank on it like a man. 2-3 up is an absolute dream as is 3-4 and 4-3. 5th takes some commitment like you said.
I like my MGW in my GTO, never any problems with shifts to me other than operator error

Reactions: 1 user

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Mounted the relay panel, wired it in and tested. The low fan speed works but high doesn't, it doesn't seem like the PCM is applying ground to trip the relay, so I gotta look into PCM programming to troubleshoot that.

1614348788886.png

Reactions: 2 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Yes. There is one bundle of black, green and yellow wires in the harness where it plugs into the chassis harness on the intrepid, and then the harness splits near the fan motors and a yellow and green wire both run to each motor.

That way both fans are on on low and both switch to high at the same time.

I was thinking of running one fan with the 'low' fan on signal from the PCM and the other fan with the 'high' fan signal from the PCM, but it would have required me to rewire the harness that is built onto the fan, and doesn't get as desirable of a result.

We grabbed a set, actually the only set at the local u-pull-it, but I believe they are something different than whatyou described above. They were off an '04 Intrepid with a 3.5/3.6 something or other, they have 2 relays mounted on the housing, but each motor is 2 wire only. The factory plug has two blacks, a green and a yelow, but the colors deviate from that in the wrapped factory harness near the relays.

I'll be testing them later today/tonight for function and mounting. We prefer to mount them in front of the radiator, but we are going to test out both ways to see which way is simpler and more compact.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
We grabbed a set, actually the only set at the local u-pull-it, but I believe they are something different than whatyou described above. They were off an '04 Intrepid with a 3.5/3.6 something or other, they have 2 relays mounted on the housing, but each motor is 2 wire only. The factory plug has two blacks, a green and a yelow, but the colors deviate from that in the wrapped factory harness near the relays.

I'll be testing them later today/tonight for function and mounting. We prefer to mount them in front of the radiator, but we are going to test out both ways to see which way is simpler and more compact.

The set with relays on are 'HD' cooling option. I had them on my wagon. I'm not as sure to how they work besides they have similar functionality.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO

Know that if you do, pushers are less effective than pullers. Especially if you're going to run a set of pullers as pushers.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
The set with relays on are 'HD' cooling option. I had them on my wagon. I'm not as sure to how they work besides they have similar functionality.
The secondary fan relay is a timed relay.
But holy sh*t do these move way more air than the 4th Gen Camaro LS1 fans. I’m mounting them and working on exhaust piping after that. I should have room for all of my trash.

Also - these are less than 4” thick - yes thick ;)

Attachments

• CE76480C-341E-4306-80D2-AABA2010EF78.jpeg
    CE76480C-341E-4306-80D2-AABA2010EF78.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 78
  • A700BFBF-F8BD-42E4-A7E1-46E24C66BCAB.jpeg
    A700BFBF-F8BD-42E4-A7E1-46E24C66BCAB.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 88
Reactions: 4 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Saw Holdener thew a n* stsv blower on a 4.8 and made 600 on 11ish psi. The gt500 m122 I run and the stsv blower run the same rotors I believe.

I have 10 psi on my setup with the 2.75" pulley where he has 11 on a 4.8 with a 3" pulley. I have my 2.55" pulley sitting on the shelf I haven't run due to chassis (rear end) issues we're all aware of here....

I have 70 cubes on top of his test.

It's a bit apple to oranges but he ran 23 degrees of timing on E85, and I think I'm at 16 before I 'naded my diff last fall.

If I have 70 cubes and 7 degrees roughly on the table, I might be tapping on the door to 700hp. Almost a bit freightening....

I know 'if wishes were fishes' but damn, those are some stellar results. +30hp on corn without timing adjustment.

Reactions: 6 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I know 'if wishes were fishes' but damn, those are some stellar results. +30hp on corn without timing adjustment.
E is crazy stuff for both power and safety. It’s hard to detonate - you have to work at it lol or have a component failure. Much unlike pump gas. That vid hits all the reasons I’m using the stuff.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 3 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor