86 Monte Carlo SS Fuse box troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

leona

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 11, 2011
Hello All,

I just bought an 86 Monte Carlo SS and the stereo didn't come on. I looked at fuses on the stereo and fuse box under the drivers side dash. The dash lights were also not coming on in the cluster.I couldn't figure out what was going on. I took it in to the local stereo place here and they told me that parts of the fuse box have burnt out due to the previous owner adding different miscellaneous items (power windows, alarm, stereo equipment) to it. I was wondering if I would need to replace both the engine harness and fuse box since they are both connected together? I do have access to another harness but i don't want to change everything out if I don't have to. Has anyone had this issue before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor