86 Monte SS build

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrFrankenstein

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 24, 2017
Upstate NY
0604171341.jpg 0723171947.jpg 0803171944a.jpg 0813171733a.jpg 0813171734a.jpg 0604171341.jpg So, I've posted a couple of threads about this car so far, one introducing myself and one asking about engine opinions.
This will be the official build thread and storyline.
I got this car for doing some concrete work (a barter). I poured a sidewalk and a parking area.
It was just a shell, but had big block headers and exhaust in it.
The barter ended up including a 350 engine,350 trans,new dual exhaust and a set of Centerline wheels.
Once I got it home,I peeled the stripes (they were broken) and cleaned it up.
The interior is pretty good,but a squirrel had found its way inside at some point and left a nest under the back seat and an awful odor. :/
I've cleaned it up a bunch with upholstery cleaner,armor all'd the vinyl parts and removed the exhaust in preparation for the drivetrain install.
The Centerline wheels are great with one exception; the fronts are super skinny bias ply tires.
The rear hold some 295/50/15's and I love the look,but I'll need to upgrade the front wheels to hold a wider tire.
That's it so far. Once I start installing the drivetrain I'll post more pics and info.
and happy cruising.
B)

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users

drogg1

G-Body Guru
Jan 25, 2009
Your concrete work looks good but i think you still got one hell of a deal! Car looks like an excellent start and looks great after you've cleaned it up. Any rust issues?

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

DrFrankenstein

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 24, 2017
Upstate NY
..... Car looks like an excellent start and looks great after you've cleaned it up. Any rust issues?
Very minor rust near the frame in the rear wheel wells and at the bottom of the door edges.
I feel like I made out great for the trade, but so does the guy who got the concrete done for a shell and some parts. :)
Can't wait to cruise this puppy. 0813171735.jpg 0813171734c.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

DrFrankenstein

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 24, 2017
Upstate NY
I found a 2JZ engine and transmission out of a 2000 lexus on craigslist for a whopping 300 dollars. I go get it tomorrow,so the project will move along finally.
I acquired a mini cooper convertible recently,and spent some time customizing it a bit.
The Audi has gotten $2000 worth of repairs recently too.
Here they are, slutting it up together 0904171923a.jpg .

DrFrankenstein

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 24, 2017
Upstate NY
0924171725.jpg So I picked up a 2JZ-GE today,and the seller included the transmission and driveshaft,ecm, harnesses and the accessories.
I'm going to tear the motor down and rebuild it before I install it. In the meantime, I'll procure the mounts n have a driveshaft made n such.

Reactions: 1 users

DrFrankenstein

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 24, 2017
Upstate NY
how is your build coming?
It's outside under a foot of snow. :/
I've been inside, working on this 200 year old house I live in.
Winter is usually my guitar building time, but not this year.
Thanks for asking tho.
How's your T-rexus doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor