86 olds cutlass with fresh olds 350

Status
Not open for further replies.

86g

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 28, 2010
well i just got my engine swap finished, cranked up and running correctly. The olds 350 is running good. I bought it off craigslist with a 350 transmission, high rise intake, headers and fresh rebuild. All for 500 dollars. I had a few bugs to work out put a holley 600 vacuum secondary carb, flowtech headers, msd hei with accel super coil, accel wires, and plugs. The engine has a solid lifter cam so it ticks a little from that but that's normal. The cam is old school, but with the #5 heads and 10.5/1 compression and dual exhaust i'm looking for some serious performance, once i get the rear gears changed. I have learned a lot on here from all the guys on here and must say this is the best forum on the web for us cutlass guys. Im going to post some more pics in the morning and try to get a sound bite on here to if i can figure out how to.
Everybody keep up their builds and long live the g body. I must say that there are some kickass cars on here and i love reading about all of them

You probably would pick up a lot from a converter. 3.08, 3.23, or with say 28 tall tires on back maybe a 3.42 gear. Also check out www.oldspower.com and www.realoldspower.com. Thats very cheap for the parts it has even if it was very rough.

I cant seem to get my pics to upload to this thread and i made a video on my phone with my new motor running but can seem to get it loaded either. So i just post ed pics to my albums under 86g. you all are welcome to check them out but would like to upload vid if someone tell me how.

Here ya go.

normal_oldsmobile_005.jpg

normal_0226101253c.jpg

normal_0226101253.jpg

normal_0226101252a.jpg

normal_0226101252.jpg

normal_0226101252b.jpg

normal_oldsmobile_006.jpg

normal_oldsmobile_009.jpg

Nice lookin' car!

Just be careful pulling into driveways with those exhaust tips...
Get a couple friends in the back or pull into a steep driveway and CRUNCH! :shock:
I've had to bend back the smashed tips on my Caprice with a pliers a couple dozen times... :roll:

damn,very nice man.I think thats a steal for $500,i actually am running the same powertrain as you.I have a 402 hp 350 olds,11:77.1 compression,headers,ported heads and all that good junk,bought it off a friend for $800,holley 750 dp for $200 and a fresh;y rebuilt th-350 transmission for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor