86 or 87 442 on Ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mat1227

Greasemonkey
Aug 28, 2010
Richfield, Ohio
Saw what looks like a very nice low mileage 442 on Ebay, It does look very nice, and has an 86 VIN # showing it as a Solon and does have a code 9 vin, says it's all original, with the correct BF Goodrich tires, (try Good Year tires) and looks nice, EXCEPT it has an 87 front end, I'm not sure of the seat material in the 86 442's being a Solon I think they used different material than the supreme cars, the interior in this car looks like my 87 442 (Supreme). The 442 emblems on the door panels don't look correct to me, they do look correct for the 87, maybe it's just that I've only had an 87, and think the 85 - 86 being a Solon they would be different.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Oldsmobile-Cutl ... ars_Trucks

Mark

86-blk442

G-Body Guru
Dec 2, 2008
West Seneca, New York
Looks like an 86 with an 87 nose. Has the same door panels, woodgrain, and emblems mine does except I have a gray interior. In 87 the 442 was based off the lower model supreme vs the salon in 85 and 86, thats where the difference is.

The seller states it is all original, so I did ask why it has a 1987 nose.

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
It's been repainted, aftermarket stripes (and put on incorrectly too) incorrect side molding, missing original chrome air cleaner lid and theres no way it has only 16,*** miles on it.
:roll:

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
It's a nice car none the less. It does have the 86 houndstooth material seats. Lot of ppl prefer the euro header over the 81-86 header, so it was likely changed over the years or it was possibly wrecked in the frontend & then swapped. I personally, like the older header panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor