86 regal 307 to 383 conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryebonti123

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 21, 2017
Hi guys, ive pulled the old 307 and am nearing the install of a 383... im not sure what to do about the fuel pump. I still have the in tank factory pump and have one on the block of the sbc. I think i should run both and place a regulator... not sure. Thoughts , guidance? Thank you

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
A 307 with an in-tank fuel pump? Are you sure? As far as I'm aware, the only G body cars that would have an in-tank fuel pump would be the fuel injected cars, the turbo Buicks, and the 4.3 V6 TBI cars ('85 & up Monte Carlo, El Camino, etc.). The 307 should have a mechanical fuel pump, just like the SBC does.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Kwik_Cutty88

Royal Smart Person
Nov 22, 2011
Coastal North Carolina
More than likely the above post is correct, unless it was modified at some point, which is doubtful. I just run a mechanical pump on my SBC for now. Eventually I plan to swap to an in-tank pump with a regulator, in preparation for fuel injection. But as long as you can find a mechanical pump to meet your fuel flow requirements (which I'm sure you will) I'd stick with a mechanical pump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor