86 Regal project questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muswagon

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 29, 2018
Might pull the trigger on an 85. Supposedly a turbo car, but not much makes sense about it. Does not have 8.5, which could have been swapped out a long time ago. Has the 81-83 nose, which again could have been changed but its the same crappy faded paint.

Anyway, here is the good/bad with questions;

- Solid frame including rear rails

- Turbo/GN/T type hood

- Quarters are good except for lower rear which is nothing to fix

The bad

- Wrong nose piece/header whatever its called. Can these be found?

- No tailights, can these be found?

- Floor is bad in spots, can I buy half floors for G body?

Car is $750 USD with clean title. I think it is worth it only because of the hood.

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
Yes, all those parts can be found very easily actually. With any project, its all about what your willing to spend, and always leave room for hidden cost too, because they can accumulate and far exceed your actual build cost. Just to be certain it IS a 85 turbo car, run the vin # and check the bottom of the deck lid for the parts service identification label to make certain 100% what your buying. Good luck! :)

Muswagon

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 29, 2018
I don't mind if its not a real turbo car, this is for an LS project, not hung up on what it actually is

shawn1112

Greasemonkey
Apr 3, 2017
I have a 83 and was able to source a 87 front header panel. Just keep in mind, you will also need 84-87 grill, bumper fillers, headlight bezels and corner lights.

FYI: My 81-83 taillights will be up for sale in a few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor