87 442

Status
Not open for further replies.

oxide80

Greasemonkey
Sep 10, 2016
Maine
Picked this up a few weeks ago, no real plan yet. Clean original paint rust free car but needs paint... typica lacquer cracked areas. 77k

Figured I'd just show it off on here
post_image4.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

Young0utlaw81Cutlass

Greasemonkey
Mar 12, 2013
Dallas Tx.
Thanks, the 442 's are rare compared to the other G body "special editions", nice to see some of these cars saved. What kind of shape is yours in?
Needs alittle bit of body work like paint,lt got rust surface but everything else is good

Attachments

• 1475281341388.jpg
    1475281341388.jpg
    744.7 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
personally i say keep it stock. i have been watching 442s for the last 7 or 8 years since i stumbled across my 86 on accident and i have seen so many of them parted out or ruined by mods that i cant count them all. the rear ends in these cars made them what they are but have also caused people to part them out to be used in other cars. my car was a rolling shell without the original motor so i built a EFI motor for it but mated that to the stock 200 4r. i am after a all stock look with a built up drive train. if i had the original motor i would have saved it off to the side to keep it all numbers matching in the future

Reactions: 1 user

oxide80

Greasemonkey
Sep 10, 2016
Maine
Ive debated on what to do with it, I like the 100% stock look to keep it a semi sleeper, and even if it goes get a bigger power plant the 307 would be mothballed in the barn for safe keeping. the 80s cars will go up in price, just like the muscle cars of the 60's and 70's. these need to be preserved not stripped out. I stumbled on this one while looking for a Monte SS or another Fox Mustang. I always assumed the 442 had similar productions numbers at the Turbo Buicks, wow was I wrong!

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
yea the numbers are pretty low. when i got mine i planned on using all of the parts from it for my other cars since it was stripped down, the only thing left of the interior was the dash and some nasty rotted out buckets that i tossed. after doing some research i realized that i had something special on my hands and have been bringing it back to life ever since. my advise would be to save any parts that you remove just in case you want to take it back to stock in the future. i totally agree on the prices going up, they have already sky rocketed in the last few years alone

oxide80

Greasemonkey
Sep 10, 2016
Maine
Like all my projects... I'll probably end up getting offered more than I have invested and selling it before it's finished... but that's not happened yet!

I'd like to see it appear 95% stock new paint/decals, oem wheels. Even stock appearing under the hood, but stuff a big block or a potent small block Olds in place of the 307. Painted the motor and intake corporate black, QJet carb, use high flow exhaust manifolds, and true dual exhaust but have the factory exhaust outlet position. We will see if it gets that far!

Reactions: 1 user

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
As a proud owner myself, keeping it stock has its merits until you get absolutely dusted by a 4 door V6 Civic. The way I look at it, Olds built 4208 great looking, riding, '87 442s. I've got all the numbers matching stuff mothballed for posterity [for anyone that cares] and will soon have an even better looking, handling, and braking '87 442 that will now run like a 442 should.

Heavily beefed small block or a mild big block either one is my vote! And you can indeed keep it Olds powered. :cool:

But, it's all good. Glad you found her . . .

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor