BUILD THREAD 87 Cutlass EFI build: 9/13/23..NEW STUFF!

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Nice work on the console, Scott.
I really dig the carbon fiber look on the dash panels, shifter plate, etc. For a Chevy style console in a Cutlass, it looks right at home in your car. (y):cool:(y)

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Nice work on the console, Scott.
I really dig the carbon fiber look on the dash panels, shifter plate, etc. For a Chevy style console in a Cutlass, it looks right at home in your car. (y):cool:(y)
Thanks for the compliments Jack, I genuinely appreciate it! I get that not everybody wants to mix brands and models and such, but that's what makes this hobby unique. I've got an Oldsmobile with a Chevy engine, rearview, console, spoiler, and Chrysler parts too.
As mentioned before, this is my take on what I think GM could've and maybe should've done to these cars if they were introduced now. Obviously I'm leaving alot on the court so to speak with new modern tech, but I didn't build this car to have a crazy system, or ABS, etc. I built it to be as analog as possible with the exception of the EFI goodies, put the family in it and have a good time.

Reactions: 5 users

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Thanks for the compliments Jack, I genuinely appreciate it! I get that not everybody wants to mix brands and models and such, but that's what makes this hobby unique. I've got an Oldsmobile with a Chevy engine, rearview, console, spoiler, and Chrysler parts too.
As mentioned before, this is my take on what I think GM could've and maybe should've done to these cars if they were introduced now. Obviously I'm leaving alot on the court so to speak with new modern tech, but I didn't build this car to have a crazy system, or ABS, etc. I built it to be as analog as possible with the exception of the EFI goodies, put the family in it and have a good time.
Scott,
You deserve all the kudos you receive. I would still like to do my dash, breadbox door. and shifter plate in carbon fiber, like you did. I like the look, it's subtle and not over the top. I will probably pick your brain about working with CF as I probably warned you in the past.
Why we all love these cars because of the interchangeability and the ability to substitute parts from other brands and models.
Keep up the great work, my friend.

Reactions: 2 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
I am such a "function over fame" type guy, but boy does your end product look nice. I should send you pictures of my engine bay and have you tell me how to pretty it up.

Reactions: 1 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I am such a "function over fame" type guy, but boy does your end product look nice. I should send you pictures of my engine bay and have you tell me how to pretty it up.
Just time and patience Zach, that's all it is. Trust me, I've had to teach myself patience over the years
I used to be the "men, it's good enough, send it!", but I always had to go back over my work all the time. Now I try to take my time and do it right the 1st time. A quality build can have form and function, it's a bit more challenging since I don't just have a pile of cash to throw at. Honestly, I break down every detail, design/draw/ or sketch it , be honest about my $$ and see if my end goal is attainable while maximizing my dollar. If my goal is out of reach, I scale it back to something acceptable, execute and move on.

Reactions: 6 users

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Just toss a milk crate in place & smoke 'em. We don't need stinkin' seats.
I'm sure we've all been guilty of substituting a milk crate for a seat at one time or other. Still not the safest thing to do.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor