BUILD THREAD 87 Cutlass EFI build: 9/13/23..NEW STUFF!

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
As mentioned, I didn't originally plan to add a subwoofer to the Cutlass, but I caught the bass bug and found a cool azz setup! Ended up ordering this Pioneer TS-WX1010LA 10" powered sub with built in 300 watt amp and bass controller....
20210325_211324.jpg

The other plan was to use a Bluetooth adapter off my outdated Pioneer head unit, but that was a bust. It would only power the front speakers. Sooooo, I ran by best buy this morning and grabbed a new Pioneer head unit with Bluetooth, USB, etc and got everything swapped over. This thing has a ton of features, and will do just fine with my setup....
20210325_111527.jpg
20210325_153757.jpg
20210325_161048.jpg

As soon as I was finishing up the radio install the sub got delivered so I hammered down and hooked it up and WOW it packs a punch for a small unit! After dinner I came back out and got all the wiring tidied up and trunk panels back in. Next is to get a small tool bag together to keep on hand.
20210325_220459.jpg
20210325_212027.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 18 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Very nice Scott.

So if I call you when your phone is connected to the stereo, then can we have a conversation in full subwoofer mode?

I have to admit, Bluetooth use while driving has become equivalent of my morning coffee can’t imagine not having it.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
OMFG! I was hoping it was something like the sub woofer when I saw the header of "BOOM"...

In the old days that meant something completely different. I was afraid there would be pictures of spraypainting the undercarriage with what used to be in the oil pan and looking at the connecting rod vent that suddenly appeared on the side of the block. WHEW!

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
OMFG! I was hoping it was something like the sub woofer when I saw the header of "BOOM"...

In the old days that meant something completely different. I was afraid there would be pictures of spraypainting the undercarriage with what used to be in the oil pan and looking at the connecting rod vent that suddenly appeared on the side of the block. WHEW!
I kinda had the same thought after I posted it. Figured I'd leave it as more of a clickbait title lol. Sorry to give any of y'all a heart stutter!

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Very nice Scott.

So if I call you when your phone is connected to the stereo, then can we have a conversation in full subwoofer mode?

I have to admit, Bluetooth use while driving has become equivalent of my morning coffee can’t imagine not having it.
Actually Jim you're spot on. The head unit even came with a microphone to talk through and the receiving end is the speakers. Kinda cool tbh bringing this old girl up to modern tech stuff.
I drive a truck for a living so having a Bluetooth headset and radio in the truck is mandatory for me.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
As mentioned, I didn't originally plan to add a subwoofer to the Cutlass, but I caught the bass bug and found a cool azz setup! Ended up ordering this Pioneer TS-WX1010LA 10" powered sub with built in 300 watt amp and bass controller.... View attachment 171342

The other plan was to use a Bluetooth adapter off my outdated Pioneer head unit, but that was a bust. It would only power the front speakers. Sooooo, I ran by best buy this morning and grabbed a new Pioneer head unit with Bluetooth, USB, etc and got everything swapped over. This thing has a ton of features, and will do just fine with my setup.... View attachment 171343 View attachment 171344 View attachment 171345

As soon as I was finishing up the radio install the sub got delivered so I hammered down and hooked it up and WOW it packs a punch for a small unit! After dinner I came back out and got all the wiring tidied up and trunk panels back in. Next is to get a small tool bag together to keep on hand.
View attachment 171346 View attachment 171347

Good stuff.

I use a very similar pre-amp'd sub in my TBSS... it rattles the noggin pretty good. Having it enclosed in a trunk, in a box, would no doubt make it thump even better.

Now you can cruise around with your Vanilla Ice blasting.

• Haha
  • Winner
Reactions: 6 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Good stuff.

I use a very similar pre-amp'd sub in my TBSS... it rattles the noggin pretty good. Having it enclosed in a trunk, in a box, would no doubt make it thump even better.

Now you can cruise around with your Vanilla Ice blasting.

My inner hip hop affliction has risen again too! Old school stuff I grew up listening to just sounds soooo good with bass thumping! It's nice having some crisp mids and highs to let the rock music bang too!
I tell people all the time if they saw my playlists and all the genre's I consume they'd lose their minds!

Reactions: 4 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
My inner hip hop affliction has risen again too! Old school stuff I grew up listening to just sounds soooo good with bass thumping! It's nice having some crisp mids and highs to let the rock music bang too!
I tell people all the time if they saw my playlists and all the genre's I consume they'd lose their minds!
BASS!!

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 5 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
FREE BIRD!!!!!!

• Haha

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor