BUILD THREAD 87 Cutlass EFI build: 9/13/23..NEW STUFF!

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Don't the rear brakes set the pedal height? At least with drums they do..... Don't know about discs, but it seems the rear maybe hanging up?

Didn't he bake some hubs last year too?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Do you feel like you have power assist? You can test the booster to see if it holds vacuum. If it's leaking vacuum, normally you'd have a hard pedal.
Yeah Jared, when the vacuum pump is on the pedal is fine, when off the pedal is rock hard. I'll try to test later with setup now.

Reactions: 2 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Didn't he bake some hubs last year too?
Yup, real quick like too! I noticed the other day when leaving the show I could hear that infamous roar again. Only does it at 60mph or above, but it raises concern if something else is going on.
I'm running a stock valve from an 80's "box" chevy that was disc/drum since I kept destroying the threads on the brass valves from the stainless lines.

Reactions: 1 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Yup, real quick like too! I noticed the other day when leaving the show I could hear that infamous roar again. Only does it at 60mph or above, but it raises concern if something else is going on.
I'm running a stock valve from an 80's "box" chevy that was disc/drum since I kept destroying the threads on the brass valves from the stainless lines.
Could you have it (proportioning valve) plumbed backwards? That would keep a few lbs od pressure on the front brakes instead of the rear.

• Agree

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Could you have it (proportioning valve) plumbed backwards? That would keep a few lbs od pressure on the front brakes instead of the rear.
That's possible, not ruling it out. Doesn't the front MC line go to front line on top of valve? Rear MC line to rear fitting on valve?

Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
That's possible, not ruling it out. Doesn't the front MC line go to front line on top of valve? Rear MC line to rear fitting on valve?

Here's my car:

PXL_20210421_164004242.jpg

Top rearmost line is for the rear brakes.

Same big boi line at the front of the MC:

PXL_20210421_164335519.jpg

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor