BUILD THREAD 87 Cutlass EFI build: 9/13/23..NEW STUFF!

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Mike, so you're saying the rear top (left arrow in pic) should be going to front bowl on MC? If so that's def my issue! Grrrrr, I hate messing with brake fluid. View attachment 173594

Yes, that's correct. The MC and prop valve lines swap back to front.

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: 1 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Yes, that's correct. The MC and prop valve lines swap back to front.
Shizz, I guess I know what I'm doing later 😡!!!! Luckily I have adapters on the MC, so all I have to do is swap the lines from front to back and vice versa. Everything got tore apart quick when resto started,I def missed the orientation on assembly geez. Hopefully everything else is ok system wise.

Reactions: 2 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Shizz, I guess I know what I'm doing later 😡!!!! Luckily I have adapters on the MC, so all I have to do is swap the lines from front to back and vice versa. Everything got tore apart quick when resto started,I def missed the orientation on assembly geez. Hopefully everything else is ok system wise.

mad billy madison GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
How is the alignment?

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Streetbu was on it this time. Good job! I saw that it was a brake issue and knowing all Scott's shiit was customized stuff, I backed away and didn't make eye contact.

All that front/back piping can get confusing. Especially when you make it the same size.

My Grandpappy used to say, "Stick with stock brake lines and this crap don't happen." Ok, he didn't say that. But this is what he probably would have meant...

56lxw2.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Glad I could help Scott
Researching I Know GIF by Film Riot

Reactions: 3 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Having a bit of a dilemma though. The aftermarket master has the larger fitting on the rear which looks as if it's meant to go to rear brakes. The fluid bowls are the same size for front/rear, and I can't seem to find much install info on the interwebs. I just wanna make sure before I crack these fittings loose.

I do know I setup the pushrod to be same length as factory, so it should be engaging the same. The "roar" worries me though. If the brakes drag...shouldn't the noise be audible before 60mph?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
The fitting closest to the brake booster on the master cylinder is for the front brakes. The one closest to the front of the car, is for the rear brakes. 100% positive, regardless of stock or aftermarket master cylinder.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor