BUILD THREAD 87 Cutlass EFI build: 5/30/20-INTERIOR DONE!!!

Texas82GP

Texas82GP

Geezer
Supporting Member
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
As far as doing a smokey... Some people say drive it like you stole it but I'm of the opinion that you should take it easy the first few hundred miles.
I've never understood the notion that after all your hard work on your project car that you are supposed to abuse on it for everyone's amusement. I guess I'm as stodgy as my Roadmaster.

Injectedcutty

Injectedcutty

Geezer
Supporting Member
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Been a pretty productive couple days guys! Yesterday I finally got the wheelwells painted and they turned out great! Sorry Clutch, no red wheelwells buddy. There are a few minor spots I missed, but I'm no pro and they look 1000X better than stock!
Today I was able to get the custom carbon fiber fender to core support braces made. Then, decided to go ahead and install the wheelwells. It went about as smooth as I could've hoped for, except a couple bolt locations I'm having trouble getting to.
Figured I was on a roll so I installed the carbon fiber insert panels, air filter, and fender braces. The engine bay is like 95% finished now I believe which is crazy compared to how it looked a year ago!!!! Here's a few pics, I'm tired and turning in!!!!
20200404_003235.jpg
20200403_235947.jpg
20200404_003311.jpg

Texas82GP

Texas82GP

Geezer
Supporting Member
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I used a long extension (HF) and a magnetic socket for those lower rear inner fender bolts. They were tough and my engine wasn't in the car.

The engine bay looks fantastic Scott. One question though. Where's the air conditioner? Just kidding bud.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck ConsolesDixie Restoration DepotMike's MontesP-S-TSouthside Machine PerformanceUMI Performance

contact[email protected]for info on becoming a sponsor