BUILD THREAD 87 Cutlass EFI build: 9/13/23..NEW STUFF!

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
As far as doing a smokey... Some people say drive it like you stole it but I'm of the opinion that you should take it easy the first few hundred miles.
I've never understood the notion that after all your hard work on your project car that you are supposed to abuse on it for everyone's amusement. I guess I'm as stodgy as my Roadmaster.

Reactions: 4 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Lettin' the smoke out of wires is never good

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Been a pretty productive couple days guys! Yesterday I finally got the wheelwells painted and they turned out great! Sorry Clutch, no red wheelwells buddy. There are a few minor spots I missed, but I'm no pro and they look 1000X better than stock!
Today I was able to get the custom carbon fiber fender to core support braces made. Then, decided to go ahead and install the wheelwells. It went about as smooth as I could've hoped for, except a couple bolt locations I'm having trouble getting to.
Figured I was on a roll so I installed the carbon fiber insert panels, air filter, and fender braces. The engine bay is like 95% finished now I believe which is crazy compared to how it looked a year ago!!!! Here's a few pics, I'm tired and turning in!!!!
20200404_003235.jpg
20200403_235947.jpg
20200404_003311.jpg

• Winner
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I used a long extension (HF) and a magnetic socket for those lower rear inner fender bolts. They were tough and my engine wasn't in the car.

The engine bay looks fantastic Scott. One question though. Where's the air conditioner? Just kidding bud.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Lookin' good! I miss those mounting bumps on the fenderwells, though. Makes the engine look small. Not enough junk piled on top of the fenderwells. :)

Reactions: 3 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor