BUILD THREAD 87 Cutlass EFI build: 9/13/23..NEW STUFF!

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Scott,
I was getting ready to suggest using self etching primer, but see that you got your answer from Mr. Donovan ..The quarter window frames came out nice, and so did your marker lights.
I also had success using SEM Trim Black and self etching primer on my window frames.
Mr. Riddler does know his sh*t, doesn't he?
That's for sure Jack! I'm no expert in the paint department, but I'm learning something new everyday! I'm good at following directions, well sometimes(ask the wife lol) that's why I didn't use adhesion promoter on the 1st go round... simply because SEM said not to.

After painting more things, asking questions, etc. it's apparent sometimes one must stray away from the directions.

All of you guys have been a huge help in providing guidance and expert opinions during this process and I couldn't be more greatful!!!!

Thanks again for the compliments Jack, I'm getting closer to having everything ready for when the Cutlass gets painted! Now, if my painter will get to it so I can bring my baby home and drop that LS in it!!!!

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Scott,
I guess the car has been in body shop purgatory lately. I hope it finds it's way back home soon. I'm sure you're more than anxious to see your baby again...

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Scott,
I guess the car has been in body shop purgatory lately. I hope it finds it's way back home soon. I'm sure you're more than anxious to see your baby again...
Pretty much Jack. When I picked up my front marker lights I snapped a pic of it :(!
20170728_155050.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
So, I take it he's a private individual working out of his own garage/ shop...or it appears that way.

Reactions: 1 user

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
So, I take it he's a private individual working out of his own garage/ shop...or it appears that way.
Yep! He's a long time family friend of my brother n law and his uncle. He does bodywork/paint on the side since his regular job as a head deacon occupies full time hours.

He is actually a genuine good guy and alot of the work done to the cutlass has been through the barter/trade system. "Hey, we will do this to your hotrod if you get this done on the cutlass" type of stuff. Also, usually being a 1 man crew, it takes awhile to get stuff done.

Luckily, he is almost finished with a '62 cutlass convertible, and once it's done my car will move back in.

Reactions: 2 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Thanks again Donovan for the experienced tip, much appreciated!

Hey, you're more than welcome Scott.
I'm happy to help when I can.

The quarter windows turned out great, I'm glad to hear and see you're much happier with them this time around. It sucks having to do things twice (it's probably my biggest car related pet peeve), but sometimes that's just the way it goes. As long as the second go-round nets you the desired result.

I agree with Rick, Jack, and the others, the marker lights turned out fantastic as well. I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing it all come together! Keep up the great work!

Mr. Riddler does know his sh*t, doesn't he?:D

Aww, thanks Jack. You're too kind sir. :oops:

D.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Wow, I didn't realize it's been a month since I've updated my thread, time flies!!!

Anyways, I've been busy getting boring things accomplished. I finally got some sealing washer made and cut down for the taillight housings and back onto the studs. I now have all my lights safely wrapped and packaged up to prevent them from getting screwed up!!!!
20170826_115017.jpg
20170828_173802.jpg
20170828_174158.jpg

More to come...exciting update!!!

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I dropped the LS heads off at the machine shop last week to do a clean up, valve job, mill, and install the BTR springs.
Got a call yesterday that they were done already, so I swung by and grabbed them earlier!

All I can say is WOW!!!! They look like new, it's such a shame the springs will be hidden!
Before:
LS_862_HEADS.jpg

After!!!:
20170901_171304.jpg
20170901_154706.jpg
20170901_154638.jpg
20170901_154602.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Looking good buddy!
One more big piece of the puzzle.
:)

• Agree

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I'm picking the valvetrain portion of this LS off one thing at a time! I ordered a lifter/tray set from Summit yesterday and got them today!!!! I guess that's the beauty of being only 4 or 5 hours from them. I'm hoping to pickup head gaskets tomorrow from the machine shop, then I just need to save more $$$ for the ARP head bolts!
20170913_161538.jpg

Last edited:
  • Winner

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor